cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRBR for multiple invoice with 1 GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

A question came up on how MRBR does it matching and clearing.

If we have multiple IR and one GR for the same line item does MRBR match on a FIFO basis?

Example: line 10 100 QTY to be received at various time.

We receive invoice 1 6/1, invoice 2 on 6/15 for the same amount and Qty. No GR has been performed yet.

GR occurs on 6/17 which invoice would MRBR clear for payment Invoice 1 the oldest or Invoice 2?

*I tested and MRBR doesnot release any invoice automatically for multiple IR for 1 GR. User needs to release invoices manually.

What config needs to be done -

(We do IR before GR).

If we have multiple IRs or GRs then MRBR links and release automatically invoices based on FIFO basis.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

The fact that you post IR before GR tells that you don't use "GR-based IV", but "PO-based IV", i.e. the invoice qty is matched against the total received qty for the same PO item. If the IR qty doesn't exceed the total GR qty, the invoice can be released automatically by MRBR.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

****Hi Raf,****

****Thanks for the answer but it didn' work.****

****I tested PO with quantity 10 @ 100****

****Invoice receipt 6 @ 100****

****Good Receipt 5 @ 100****

****MRBR didnot release Invoice and it make sense as we paid more than receive.****

****I am still looking for answer to if we have multiple invoice to 1 GR why MRBR is not releasing invoices automatically.****

****E.G.****

****PO for 10 @ 100****

****IR for 6 @100****

****IR for 4 @100****

****GR for 6@ 100****

****When we run MRBR system doesnot release either of the invoices automatically. The invoices goies into quantity block.****

****Any help will be appreciated and points will be assigned.****

****Thanks.****

Edited by: Monica Bajaj on Jul 1, 2011 1:43 AM

Edited by: Monica Bajaj on Jul 1, 2011 1:44 AM

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

My impression is that in the PO-based IV the system compares the total invoiced qty with the total received qty for the PO item. You can see indirect confirmation for this fact in the note [394370|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/394370], question "Several invoices were blocked for a purchase order item..." and in note [440548|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/440548]. If the system hadn't totaled up all the invoices, it wouldn't be able to release differences that have been credited afterwards.

I agree with you that the system could be more claver and distinguish between the cases where there are credits and cases where there are no credits, but apparently this hasn't been programmed. The EhP3 for ECC 6.0 provides the BAdI MRM_BLOCKREASON_DELETE_CUST that seems to be able to give you the functionality that you want (FIFO or any other prioritisation of the invoices). However, remember the reason why SAP doesn't consider each invoice individually.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raf for your detailed reply. I need clarification- you said system wonu2019t release if there is difference. In my case PO is for 10 @100 and 1 IR is for 6 @100 and other is 4 @100 so there is no price or quantity difference between PO and invoice. Then we receive the GR for 6@100 and MRBR does not release the invoice and show quantity block. Please advice

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

When the PO has the provision for goods receipt (the "GR" flag set in the "Delivery" tab), the total invoiced qty is compared to the total received quantity, not to the ordered qty.

Therefore I am sorry to tell you that I don't see an automatic solution for your request. If anybody else out there has a better solution, please enlighten us!

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raf for your immediate reponses. I assigned you point and really appreciate for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raf,

However, remember the reason why SAP doesn't consider each invoice individually. Can you please eleborate?

Thanks

Monica

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Monica for the long silence - I have been out ouf the reach of the Forum for a while.

I can't be sure, but my impression from the two notes that I referenced above is that such behaviour is intended. If the system hadn't totaled up all the invoices, it wouldn't be able to release differences that have been credited afterwards.

But again - I am just guessing. Since nobody else picked up this question, I would assume that nobody on the forum has a better answer and you might want to raise the question to OSS.

If you find some solution, will you please share it on the Forum?

BR

Raf