cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1:Post Installation - connecting to SMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have recently gone through the process of installing Solution Manager onto a Windows Server 2008 R2 - based host with a Central Instance SAP system using SQL Server 2008. I am going through the Post-Installation steps and cannot connect to Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Per the instruction manual, I enter the host name of the server and instance of the Java Application Server followed by /smd. I am able to connect to the Java Application Server using J2EE_ADMIN logon, but cannot use it to log onto the /smd (when i try i get message.rfc_get_error). I have used only default usernames during the install, and have yet to find anything on this forum pertaining to this. I am still new to SAP software and am still figuring my way around things and would appreciate any guidance.

Thank you,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for these answers, I will try your advice and I'll post back with results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with J2EE_admin User ......did you find the solution ???

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohamed Azab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas sorry for noise but i have the same case & really i need your help if you discoverd the solution

(I have installed the Solution manager on windows server 2008 using SQL server 2008 as database, I can now login to java application server using J2EE_admin user, but when i use this user to login to soultion manager diagnistics agent i get this error (Message.rfc_get_error), i have tried users that created while the installation (ADS_AGENT, ADSUSER, DDIC, J2EE_ADMIN,

J2EE_GUST,SAP*, SAPJSF, SLDAPIUSER, SLDDSUSER) but i get the same error, I am new with the sap soultion manager and need your help )

Thanks & Best regards,

Mohamed Azab

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding the issue:

Message.rfc_get_error

message.guid_text

1) In transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, please make sure that all the steps of the initial and basic configuration setup have been performed and finished without errors.

2) Verify that roles and profiles for the SOLMAN_ADMIN user, check the "User Administration Guide" from url:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/diagnostics -> Media Library

Refer to section "2.3.1 SOLMAN.DUAL.ADMIN: SOLMAN Admin user"

3) Check in the Visual Admin tool on your Solution Manager Java stack the connectivity status of the WEBADMIN destinatio:,

- If the WEBADMIN destination looks ok, please restart the Solution Manager Java stack, a cache problem may cause the issue.

- If the WEBADMIN destination is not ok in Visual Admin tool, you can either adjust its settings manually in Visual Admin tool, or execute again the 'Diagnostics Configuration' automatic activity in solman_setup->Basic Configuration, which should set this destination with proper settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

First of all if you have installed solution manager 7.0 EHP1 on Windows SMD agent should installed By default you can see the Instance in windows MMC or else you can see the directory /usr/sap/DAA or SMD if it exist i.e SMD agent is alrady installed

2) Now talk about connecting smd

you can connect smd agent through Tx- solman_workcenter > root cause analysis> agent administration

you can see the agent connecting with your solution manager

3) if you are getting the "message.rfc_get_error" then there is somthing wrong with smd_rfc user please check this user first

iit should not locked or it this user doesnot exist on solman ABAP system then create smd_rfc user as'system' user and assign this user in

WEBADMIN jcorfc which must be present admin tool --> jcorfc provider & maksure this RFC should run then i am sure this error will go off

if not please let me know further solution

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

After the installation of the Solution Manager you have to perform the initial and basic configuration at transaction SOLMAN_SETUP.

In the fisrt step of the initial configuration you will create the uer SOLMAN_ADMIN. You must use this user (or a copy of it) to cuntinue the configurations of the solman system.

Try to access the /SMD using this user, if the issue message.rfc_get_error pertists, you should check the following:

Check in the Visual Admin tool on your Solution Manager Java stack the connectivity status of the WEBADMIN destination,

If the WEBADMIN destination looks ok, please restart the Solution Manager Java stack, a cache problem may cause the issue.

If the WEBADMIN destination is not ok in Visual Admin tool, you can either adjust its settings manually in Visual Admin tool, or execute again the 'Diagnostics Configuration' automatic activity in solman_setup->Basic Configuration, which should set this destination with proper settings.

Regards,

Allam