Did you mean: 

protconv Command line Usage

clemens_schiller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can convert the KnlMsgArchive file to a readable format by using

/sapdb/programs/bin/protconv -d SID -t KNLMSGARCHIVE

But I would like to display only the messages of the last 24 hours / last 10 minutes / etc...

Now the protconv help (protconv -?) tells me:

-b <TimeStamp> - output messages that were written after this time stamp only

Unfortunately, the format of this <TimeStamp> is not documented. Unix timestamps like "1308443673" do not work, neither does the format contained in the logfile "2011-06-10 12:57:25".

Can anybody please give me an example of the usage of this option?

Regards,

Clemens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

clemens_schiller
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I am using MaxDB 7.8.01.20. If I understand correctly, the feature should be implemented?

But when I call for example

/sapdb/programs/bin/protconv -d SID -t KNLMSGARCHIVE -b 20110703121501

then still the complete content is displayed, also the entries older than the timestamp.

Is there another mistake?

Regards,

Clemens

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

yes, unfortunately there is even an error and this one is on our site: the help output of protconv for timestamp control of the formatted output of message files seems to be only a 'letter of intent'. It is simply not implemented. I'll add it to our TODO list.

I'm terribly sorry for this!

Regards,

Steffen

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. The data type called u2018TIMESTAMPu2019 < or TimeStamp > has the following format :: YYYYMMDDHHMMSS

2. Please review the wiki document "HowTo - New "knldiag" Message File Format in MaxDB 7.7" at

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36372799

3. Not all options of protconv tool implemented yet.

A possiblity to split the KnlMsgArchive into two files by a given date (Timestamp YYYYMMDDHHMMSS) is planned to be implemented in future as of database version 7.8

Regards, Natalia Khlopina