cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating SAP transaction...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of recreating an SAP transaction in web dynpro java. I'm fairly new to the SAP world so I am running into some roadblocks. I understand how to create models and such to access SAP back-end systems. The specific transaction that I am looking at is iw21 which is the Create PM Notification.

from the screen, when you select notification type, I want to translate that into a drop-down box in web dynpro. My problem is though finding that information to display in the drop-down. I am able to connect to the ECC system and create the model but I don't know what fields or anything relate to the ABAP field.

Is there an easy way to translate this and find out what information I need to grab to be able to recreate this screen as a web dynpro application.

Any help or references would be great.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If values of the dropdown are static in ECC then create the same value in WD and based on selection pass it to SAP system .

If these values are dynamic then ask the abaper to create a RFC which brings all the data then pass this value to system .

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I don't fully understand how to extract those values. Shouldn't there already be an rfc module I can use to get these values? I want it to display the same values as the iw21 transaction. I'm just not sure how to track these down.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gabel8,

If you want to achive same functionality as iw21 transaction in the webdynpro then you should have the remote enabled function module RFC's or BAPI's to connect from webdynpro to get the required runtime data's.

Please get in touch with ABAP team and ask for RFC for the tcode. once you hvae RFC's or BAPI's then start working on webdynpro and devlop the functionality as you want.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal