cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product listing/exclusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on 4.7 V of SAP. We sell various products to different distributors, out of which some are custom. Custom products are made to specific customer and should not be shipped to other distributors.

In the product listing/exclusion, i guess i can include products for which customer can place the orders or i can exclude products which a customer is not allowed to place the order.

How do i acheive something where a distributor is allowed to buy 90% of products, but 10% are custom products which should be excluded from selling to other distributors.

I am afraid its going to be too much maintainance to exclude every time we create a custom product from 100 distributors, to make sure system will not allow it on the sales order.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I am rephrasing your question : " You are having 100 material , out of this 90 materials are general material and can be sold to all dealers/ distributors . 10 materials are custom materials and will be sold to specific dealers only . You want that these 10 custom materials will be availbe only for say 15 Deralers . " Is it what your requirement is ?

If you create a material listing for a specific customer, the customer can only order products from that list. You can also create a master record for material exclusion for a particular customer. Then the customer can not order excluded materials from you.

SAP provides standard Procedures for Listing and Exclusion.

A00001 Listing B00001 Exclusion

Tables containing fields are assigned to Access Sequence, Access sequence are assigned to condition type and condition types are assigned to Procedures and these procedures are assigned to order type.

IMG à sales and distribution à Basic Functions à Listing / Exclusion

Always exclusion is having higher priority than listing.In exclusion the system refuses the entered materials if its maintained in exclusion record for specific customer but in case of material listing it acceptes only allowed material which we maintained in listing record for specific customer .

Thanks/Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe 10% of your custom products would have a different material type or material group. Similarly you may create a customer group for customers buying only custom products and maintain it under customer master-> sales area data.

Then you may activate Listing based on material group/type and customer group, which would involve less maintenance of condition records.

However, everytime you create a distributor who would only buy custom products, you specify a template which would involve the customer group to be entered in master data itself while creating it.

This would reduce rework and maintenance problems.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Amit