cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating the charts for usage material from ERP , I have extracted the usage details from the ERP and show up in the charts but I dont see the dates scroll below the charts. Can someone help me with this.

P.S : I have even selected the Time refresh control on contect menu behaviors

Thanks,

Jai

Edited by: jaimalhotra on Jun 30, 2011 5:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

In order for the VCR-like time controls to appear on a chart, the underlying query must be time-sensitive. Since you are likely using an XacuteQuery to retrieve the data from a transaction, you would need transaction datetime input parameters for the start and end dates (the date range) that you are sending in the request to ERP.

Once you have these input parameters, you use the "Start Date for Mapped Input" and the "End Date for Mapped Input" fields on the Transaction Details screen - you map you transaction input to these fields.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I am using a SQL Query here, are the steps what you have mentioned are still valid for use of SQL query in a chart.

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

On a SQL Query, there are a couple different ways to do this. If you are using Query mode, go to the SQL Query Details screen. At the bottom is an entry for a Date Column, you would map a date column here.

For FixedQuery mode, there are special placeholder tokens for the Start and End dates, [SD] and [ED], repectively. For example,

Select * From Orders Where ShippedDate >= [[SD]] and ShippedDate <= [[ED]].

Understand that when you TEST the query, the placeholders will be replaced with the date range that was configured on the Date Range screen.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jun 30, 2011 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I am trying to achieve the week days to be shown on the X-axis, for example Monday,tuesday,wenedsay,thursday , friday. How i can achieve this with Line chart.

Regards,

Jai

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a time based Line chart the XAxis will show the datetime stamp in a word wrapped format, default would be:

MM/dd/yyyy

HH:mm:ss

The properties are the XAxisDateFormat and XAxisTimeFormat, and using a capital E in the format will provide you the day of the week (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/EN/45/cca60593696f74e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm). For the full name of the day use multiple e's: EEEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the inputs, when I take a look at the XAxisDateFormat, I am unbale to enter the capital E in the box. As I see there the default drop down list for date formats already existing...where should I enter the capital E there?

Thanks,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your irpt page you can add following code with your chart applet:

<PARAM NAME="XAxisDateFormat" VALUE="E">

hope it helps!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks, It really helped. I am working with Horizontal bar chart and I need to display some description for bars, for example i wan to show up xyz on the vertical column but the problem is the text is unreadable for me, I even tried to increase the font but nothing working.

Thanks,

Jai

P.S : As this is a different issue, I will open a new thread.

Edited by: jaimalhotra on Jul 11, 2011 3:28 PM

Answers (0)