cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Sybase Mobile Sales connection to CRM backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to connect my iPad with Sybase Mobile Sales App via Sybase Unwired Platform 2.0 and Netweaver Mobile to CRM 7.0 Server.

I can successfull login to the iPad App and the app say the subscription and connection are "active".

But I cant see any data for example contacts or leads with my iPad.

Does anybody has any ideas were I check the connection between NW Mob. and CRM ?

And how I can create test data for the iPad ?

Best regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in "Session monitoring for DOE Connector" I get some errors (status red):

01.07.2011 14:34:08 ADMIN_005056A82F401ED0A8FBAB651C81604A_DOE_MGW MAS_SMARTPHONE_SALES_V00 MAS_USER_POSITION

->

BE_SRCHNO Step Ended with errors 01.07.2011 14:26:48 ADMIN 2 0 19

->

Exception occurred due to http communication failure 110 - HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED -

SDOE_ESDMA

Any suggestions to solve the problem ?

Best regards

Alex

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I have the solution.

The (SAP ESDMA) sap_crm:1 Package in SUP listen on port 2000. But port 2000 ist the SUP Management Port

and I need the port 5001 for synchronizing messages.

How can I change the port in the package in SUP without re-installing "Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM 1.2.1" ?

Best regards

Alex

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it should be pointing to port: 8000..Not to 5001.

You can change the port in SCC.

Goto SCC -> Servers -> <Server Name> -> Server Configuration ->

In Data Change Notification ports:

Delete the existing port and create new port with 8000.

Click on Save button

And Restart the server.

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Jul 4, 2011 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Now it works half.

I can see some data on my iPad. But when I change data in the CRM backend, the new data will not show on the iPad.

And when I change Data on the iPad in the Netweaver Mobile (SMQ2) the message "Function module CRM_LEAD_MOBILE_CHANGE not found" appears.

Best regards

Alex

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Change from Backend is not coming to device. Is this change exists in DOE (In CDS tables)?

2. Did you configure correct RFC destination for this data object.

You can goto SDOE_WB transaction -> Backend Adapter and check the RFC destination which is configured.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

1. For changes to come from CRM to your Ipad, you need to configure MBDOC settings in CRM systems. This is actually done in SMW3FDCUST transaction in CRM system and it is explained in Mobile gateway configuration guide. Once you do those settings, the changes should first come to DOE CDS tables and then to your IPad.

2. Looks like a RFC configuration issue. Suprising thing is, your Data object generation itself should have failed for MAS_LEAD object. Configure RFC destination for MAS_LEAD object.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Now it works fine. I adjust the RFC connections.

The rest of the work is CRM, NW Mob, SUP and iPad fine tuning.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Please can you tell me what details should I give for the sybase connection settings.

I mean the server name, server port,Farm ID,user name and activation code.

I am using SUP 2.1 and SCC 3.2.

I also couldnt understand how the ipad will connect to a server through a port. Is it through a realy server only??

I am using an actual IPad device. Should I enable some settings?

Thanks,

Krutheeka.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting any other objects other than Lead?

Do you have any LEADs to which your user is assigned as employee responsible? If no, you will not get any data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I get no data. No "customer", "contacts", "activities", "leads", "opportunuties" etc.

How can I create "customer", "contacts", "activities", "leads", "opportunuties" etc. in CRM backend

an send them to the iPad ?

How I can check the connection between Netweaver Mobile and CRM ?

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You need to first have a Business Partner in Employee role with userid mentioned as your system userid. This can be created by launching SAP GUI and in "BP" transaction.

Then go to CRM Web UI in SALES_PROFESSIONAL role and create the following things:

1. First create Account and add "Has employee" relationship with the Business partner with employee role which you created initially.

2. You can create one Contact and add this contact to Account.

3. Create a Lead, Opportunity, Sales Order, Activity - and assign the Account you created in first step and add Employee responsible as your BP number of employee that you first created.

Take help of your CRM team to do that.

Regarding connection between CRM & DOE and viceversa, when you create the data it should be automatically populated to Data object's in DOE. You can also check the data in CDS tables, by right clicking the data object and select "View MetaData" option. ?

There are some other basic stuff which are mentioned in Implementation and configuration guide of CRM Mobile Sales. It could be understood easily by your CRM Team Folks.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I created some Business Partners, Contacts, Leads and Opportunity. Unfortunately no data will displayed on my iPad.

For the configuration of Netweaver Mobile and CRM, I used the "Configuration Guide SP04 - SAP CRM 2007 and 7.0" pdf of

"Gateway 1.1 to SAP NetWeaver Mobile" from the SAP Help Portal.

Where can I check CDS Tables ?

Best regards

Alex

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto transaction: SDOE_WB in NW Mobile 7.1 system

Select the node of the data object and you can see generated table on the right side.

Each node will have one table which is called CDS table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Please follow below steps to check CDS entries:

1. Open SDOW_WB transaction in NW Mobile(DOE) system.

2. If there are no SWCV's listed then give * and load all SWCV's in the system.

3. Expand SWCV related to sales which will be something like "SALES_SMARTPHONE" and version 1.4

4. Once you expand you can drill down to inidividual data objects and right click on them and select option "View MetaData" to see the CDS tables.

5. Or you can directly right click on SWCV and select option "View MetaData" to see all data object's related CDS tables.

Do you see anything like "Initializing" or "Waiting" in your Ipad application?

It is also possible that the data is present in CDS but not distributed to device due to inactive rules. Launch administration portal of DOE and enable all distribution rules related to your scenario.

There are lot of reasons why you dont see any data on device. Until we check at each level we cannot comment.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

My SWCV calls "MAS_SMARTPHONE , 1.4 of SAP". Everything in the list are "Status" green.

And there are some "CDS Entries" like "ET_ACTIVITY_H" = 3 entries or "ET_ACTIVITY_PARTNER" = 2 entries.

The "Sybase Mobile Sales" App says nothing like e.g. error, waring etc. .

The subscription and connection display as "active" on the iPad.

All "Distribution Rules" are in state green at DOE Administrator.

I ask my Network Admin. There are no Firewalls between the iPad, NW Mob and CRM.

do you have more suggestions, where I can check to solve my problem ?

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

First check if these 2 data objects in your SWCV should have one entry in the header table

1. MAS_CUSTOMIZATION

2. MAS_AUTH_CUST

Next since you mentioned that there are 2 records in ET_ACTIVITY_PARTNER. Can you open the table and see if one of the fields calle USER_ID or USERID which is usually C7 I guess is filled with your user id.

Also for each of the one order objects like lead, opportunity, sales order will also have a node called ET_PARTNER and see if they also have any records with USERID filled with a value equal to your userid.

If yes, then ideally those records should go to your device.

Also in BP data object, go to child node ET_EMPLOYEE and see if there are any records with your userid. All of them should ideally be on your device.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

"MAS_CUSTOMIZATION" and "MAS_AUTH_CUST" have 1 CDS Entry in Header Table.

"ET_ACTIVITY_PARTNER" has "USER_ID" records.

"ET_PARTNER" has no "USER_ID" records for the other objects such as "MAS_LEAD" or "MAS_OPPORTUNITY".

"MAS_PARTNER" has no records in tables "MAS_PARTNERET_BUPA_EMPLOYEE" .

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You mentioned that ET_ACTIVITY_PARTNER has user id. But is it your userid which you are used for synchronization?

For the remaining objects assign employee responsible partner function as the business partner created in employee role with your user id.

Now, if all data is correct then it should be displayd on device. Can you go to Sybase control center and see if there are any pending records to be sent to your Ipad.

If not, can you go to SMQ2 transaction in NW Mobile system and see if there are any errored queues.

Also there are a couple of data objects USER_DETAILS & USER_AUTHORIZATION in SAP Basis SWCV. These records are also mandatory on the device. If there is no data for them in CDS, then execute Initial/Delta download which ever is applicable.

If all are correct, then can you uninstall your application and re-install it.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I recogonized, when i execute "Execute Business Partner Initial Download Report" and

"Execute Transaction Data Initial Download Report" (from SPRO), the new data will pushed from CRM Server to the Netweaver Mobile Server

and apperead in "SDOE_WB" -> "MAS_SMARTPHONE , 1.4 of SAP" Meta Data for example "MAS_LEAD" -> "ET_HEADER" .

shouldn't that actually happen automatically, when I write new data to the CRM Server ?

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

SMQ2 says:

Cl. Queue Name Entries Status Date 1 Time 1 NxtDate NxtTim Sender ID

001 DOE_MASS_ACTGEN 62 RUNNING 27.06.2011 16:53:15 28.06.2011 07:49:12 wdf-alw01_ALM_01

001 SDOEFM000_5_PAR_01 17 SYSFAIL 28.06.2011 08:07:09 28.06.2011 08:30:51 wdf-alw01_ALM_01

001 DOE_Q_000000000000000003 7 SYSFAIL 30.06.2011 14:42:47 30.06.2011 14:54:09 wdf-alw01_ALM_01

USER_DETAILS & USER_AUTHORIZATION have also data

ET_ACTIVITY_PARTNER has no USER_ID data, sorry I checked wrong in the last post.

No tables has User ID data.

I have re-installed the Sybase Mobile App without any effect.

Best regards

Alex