cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make to order in snp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

has anyone worked in a scenario where he/she has to map"make to order" scenario in SNP? it is prevalent in heavy engineering, aerospace and automobile industry.

Since SNP does not support "make to order" strategy , i was wondering what would be right proposed strategy. Should it be "planning with final assembly"?

please pour in your opinion. Any pointer will be helpful.

Regards,

Illford

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it helped...Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ILLFORD,

I guess, you already searched the forum and the help documentation.

There is a no direct way of working with MTOs in SNP.

But, there are some round about solutions, which of course you might have searched and thought of too.

Can you adapt these alternate solutions to handle MTO in your project ?

Also, below is just a thread on the same, FYI:

Bye

Sandeep Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ILLFORD,

If your scenario is complete MTO then you need to use CTM or Optimizer as SNP Heuristic doesnot support MTO.

Another solution:

If you want to do component planning based on forcast and Finish goods production based on Sales Order then you can try to use Strategy 40 in ECC (in APO its 20).

In this situation your forecast will get consumed by your sales order but your total demand will be addition of Sales Order or which ever is higher(SO or forecast).

If let say you want to ignore the forecast for the sort term planning (may be 1 week to 2 week) and just want to consider Sales Order during this weeks then try to provide value in forecast Hz in SNP 2 tab.

If you enter 14days then system will ignore the forecast for 14 days and just consider Sales Order as total demand.

Let me know if this can solve your problem.

Thanks,

Amit