cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where I have to import hierarchical values from an Excel sheet. If I have a parent 25 then while importing 2501,2501,2503 all should come under 25 and similarly 2601,2602,2603 all should come under 26. And the other important thing is 25 and 26 already exist in the repository. It is the child of 25 and 26 which have to be imported. Kindly help.

Thanks In Advance,

Thamizh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh

I am assuming that the Node field in the Hierarchy table is unique. This means you will have 2501, 2502 only once say under parent node 25. The question here is only for the value mapping which you can do in the import manager manually or automatically, if you are using remote keys.

Also please note a record is always assigned to the last leaf node of the Hierarchy table which is 2501, 2502..., 2601, 2602 and so on..

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can u please explain it even more? I will tell u my scenario. I have 25 and 26 already existing in my hierarchy table. I am importing datas for the main table where there exists a hierarchy field which is looking up into a hierarchy table. As per my requirement i have to import 2501,2502 etc into the main table under 25.... Hope I have explained my scenario better. For details please reply.

Thanks

Thamizharasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

its pretty simple - check this site for more details

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e122d4-40ab-2a10-4a82-fe7db431f...

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

The link that you have sent is for the scenario where the import is specifically for the hierarchy table. To add more detail for my scenario ' I am importing datas to a main table where the Hierarchy values comes into picture, which have to be mapped to the hierarchy table. For example in this case 25 and 26 will already exist in the hierarchy table. Now in the import of the main table data I have 2501, 2502 where these values have to be mapped as child for 25'

Thanks,

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thamizh,

have you created Hierarchy table with necessary nodes and subnodes?

If you have not created the Lookup Hierarchy table and imported them then this can be of help

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ee0c9e-29a8-2910-8d93-ad34ec8af...

If you have limited set of nodes and subnodes you can create that in data manager.

Hierarchy table like any other lookup contains set of permissible value coming under a particular node.

Like node can be 25,with subnodes 2501,2502,2503 etc.

In main table import these values will get automapped under the right node,you only have to maintain the remote key.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok - thats better.

these should be done in separate steps -

step 1 : upload data to hierarchy table as mentioned in the document

step 2 : upload data to main table and map field (in the main table) to the hierarchy table field (display field)

in the main table excel : u should have a field that has the hierarchy values (as already uploaded earlier).

map this field to the hierarchy field and then map the values as well. then the upload will link the main records

with the hierarchy data.

hth.

thanks

-Adrivit