cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP & Java Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a java web app with jsps/servlets that will locate on SAP Web AS to connect to R/3 through XI. XI & Web app will interact in HTTP Adapters or maybe Proxies. However, I read a post saying that standalone java app should use proxies and web app with jsps/servlets should use adapters. Is that a rule of thumb? OR just personal preference?

So, now i would like to understand the detailed data/work-flow between XI & Web AS for these 2 methods : Adapters & Proxies. I've gone through SAP Library and some posts/blgos on simple HTTP Adapter. But I didn't gain enough insight on its practical implementation. I hope you can kindly guide me as I'm very new in this field.

Your help will be very very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

What you need is write simple http client and post a message to plain http adapter. Please pay attention that you need to use ABAP Stack port in your post url. you also need to add a user and a password, like ...?type=entry&sap-user=xi_user&sap-password=xi_user_pasword ,you also need to add the namespace and th service name(I can't recall the format, you can find it in sap help).

In XI you don't need Sender Agreement and Sender Communication channel.

Then you need to define your R/3 reciever...

In R/3 code sproxy transaction and implement your proxy...

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean I need to include u/name & pwd in my Java web app that connects to XI ?

Is it true that including this "...?type=entry&sap-user=xi_user&sap-password=xi_user_pasword" in the POST message will eventually connect the HTTP adapter sender from SAP Web AS to HTTP Adapter receiver from XI ?

I hope I get the concept right because I still find it rather confusing. Thanks a lot, Dmitry.

P/S: I've awarded points.

Message was edited by: J.Lynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you'll see the html code for the sender HTTP (links to it or the actual code is available in many forum posts), you will find which all details like uname / pw , message interface & other XI specifics are to be provided.

Your Java web app should have some means of forming such request e.g. may be on a button click and post it to the XI pipeline and may / may not recive any reply based on the nature of the interface.

Answers (0)