cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table TZB12V and TZB13V - upgrade from 4.7 ext 110 to ECC 6 EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've finished an upgrade from 4.7 ext 110 to ECC 6 EHP5, and I'm doing some check.

We are in win/oracle architecture.

I've run DB02 and check for missig tables and indexes.

There are these two table on db, but missing on SAP DDIC:

- TZB12V

- TZB13V

On old 4.7 there was the DDIC definition.

I haven't found any note regarding the upgrade proces for these two tables.

have you any idea?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Regards

Matteo Stocco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

those tables are relevant for R/3 4.7 only for a very specific area (FS-SR-AT - Austria).

I think you can delete them on DB level (as described in SAP note 197886 for other tables).

If you want to be 100% sure, please create a customer message.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

boobboo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a few things I would look at

1. Did you run through the database consistency checks, and do a stats update

2. Did you check to see if there are any records in those tables and what exactly they are used for. If you have a 4.7 system then you should be able to query the tables to see what they are used for and your functional consultant might be able to tell you if they are deprecated.

3. When the upgrade runs it should run a Background job which will update the nametabs, held in table DDNT and DDNTX. You might need to either rerun this job or check the logs for this job to see if there was an error which meant nametab were not created.

Hope this points you in the right direction

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thank you for you answer, but unfotunatelly it doesn't solve my problem:

1. Did you run through the database consistency checks, and do a stats update

--> yes, I run consistency check and also stats update without problem or erros

2. Did you check to see if there are any records in those tables and what exactly they are used for. If you have a 4.7 system then you should be able to query the tables to see what they are used for and your functional consultant might be able to tell you if they are deprecated.

--> there are entry only for client 000 (I made a sqlplus query to check this) and not for the production client

3. When the upgrade runs it should run a Background job which will update the nametabs, held in table DDNT and DDNTX. You might need to either rerun this job or check the logs for this job to see if there was an error which meant nametab were not created.

--> the report RADCUCNT was not run becaouse it is not an upgrade and unicode conversion, but only an upgrade (the system was already unicode in 4.7)

In my opinion these tables are obslete, I checked in an ECC 604 and there are the same errors. But I would like to find an OSS note or other thigs that confirm this.

Regards

Matteo

boobboo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Matteo,

RADCUCNT is also run during the upgrade, it run in the SPDD and Activation phase and again in the downtime phase.

If you are looking for confirmation of your opinion, then you should raise an OSS note

Thanks

Chris