Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read only access to J2EE related tools

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to help our auditors access everything they need to check in the Java systems, but I am not ready to give them ADMIN accounts. That`s why I need some kind of read only access for them.

So I would like to ask you if there is a SAP Note about the read only access roles for J2EE/ Java AS?

I am afraid there is no such note available, so can anybody share any experience with granting read only access to the Java system? I know how to grant access to the whole NWA, but what about the rest?

Examples:

- is there a way how to grant read only access only to the UME?

- is there a role for read only access to the portal PCD?

- is there something similar for KM access?

Or has anybody ever tried to split the admin roles into smaller pieces? Is there a description/ document how to do such thing?

Thank you for your time and effort,

cheers Otto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following documentation may be useful for you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fb/33f520d15f8f4092a60381365620b2/frameset.htm

Regards,

Désiré

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for trying, but I can use help.sap.com and was on that page before.

Maybe if there were any examples there or better: if the whole thing would be more granular (I see no point in using roles starting with SUPER, containing ADMIN or ending with ALL). I am looking for roles for surgery or for auditing. I don`t want to give anybody these super/admin/all roles just like that.

If you can suggest how to use that page, that would be cool. Otherwise I see no use.

By the way: another question of mine about surgery:

I would like to know how to controla access to this specific feature, nothing else.

Thanks for the time and effort,

cheers Otto