cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account group-partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have read previous pots on the below question but really still am not able to understand it

1)Can u explain why there is an assignment between account grp and partner fn when the procedure is already assigned to account grp,i.e.in the procedure I grouped my partner fns so when I assign the procedure to the account grp the partner fn in procedure gets assigned indirectly to the account grp....so what is the purpose of assigning partner fn to the account grp in a separate config step exclusively?.....Can someone explain by means of an example.

2) If there are five partner function in customer master (SH, SP,BP and PY and Z1) and we want these 5 partner functions only for the sales order. Is it necessary to do the separate config for partner determination for sales order ? I mean the 5 partners can simply get copied from customer master to sales order!!.

Only if we want a sixth partner function Z2 in sales order, then we need to do a separate config for sales doc for partner determination.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Partner determination procedure is assigned to partner function which in turn are assigned to account groups. The behaviour of partner type being customer, vendor plant, etc is defined in a partner function.

Account group on the other hand controls whether a master data defined is a sold-to party, ship to party or payer, etc.

Account group assignment to partner function determines that at the time of creation of a sold-to party which are the fields that are mandatory, optional, etc. It also allows a sold-to party partner to be created as a one-time customer, distribution center, branch, etc.

2) If there are five partner function in customer master (SH, SP,BP and PY and Z1) you would need to configure Partner determination for customer master, which would get copied automatically to sales order provided the partner determination procedure is assigned to your order type. It doesnt happen without that.

Only if we want a sixth partner function Z2 in sales order, then we need to do a separate config for sales doc for partner determination - If you want a partner just for your sales order(manually entered) which will not be maintained in customer master, you would need to maintain partner determination for sales orders only.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)