Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update users with the same Authorization in Quality

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to update my Quality system with the same authorization with what is there in Production. Currently in Quality System all users have SAP All Authorization.

I need to change that and update users with the same Authorization what they have in production.

kindly help on how to do this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Can you please share the details about how did you resolved your issue.

Rgds,

Gadde.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just want to add , Move the created TRs in PRD to qulity, if OS is wondows then its simple or if it is Linux or Solaris then use Filezilla.

The another process is - download all the Production roles through MASS DOWNLOAD in your desktop and upload in quality. But the better process was do it through SCC7 and SCC8.

Please revert if any concerns.

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess since you mention SAP ALL, you are talking about ABAP systems only.

If your users are the same in both Q and P, then maybe you can export the P client suing SAP_USER profile (use txn SCC8) and then import this into the Q client using STMS (export creates transport request which is released automatically at the end of the export). You can simply add this request in STMS of Q system and import. At the end of import, run SCC7 and execute client import post-processing.

This will overwrite all User master data in Q client with that from P client, including all users, role assignments, profiles, etc.

Your client specific business or transaction data is not affected by this.

Regards,

Shitij

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried the same way and 3 TR numbers got generated. But i am not able to find those TRs in either of the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I remember, all three TR numbers do not exist in reality if you are doing SAP_USER export. For example, lets say it gives you the 3 TRs as:

SIDKT0nnnn, SIDKX0nnnn and SIDKO0nnnn

If you look at OS level, perhaps only 1 of those 3 gets generated. I think SIDKT0nnnn. The number of files will depend on the profile chosen, but if you can find the KT files, that should be enough.

Just go to STMS, Import queue of the target system, add a request (menu Extra --> Other request --> Add) and enter the request number as SIDKT0nnnn.

This will bring the request in the queue automatically and now you can start the import.

Just make sure both systems share the same transport directory.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the above post, before adding the request in Q system...you need to copy said generated file at O/S level from P to Q system(cofiles/data files). Then you can proceed by adding the request manually into Q system queue.

Rgds.

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain on how to copy the generated files at OS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use sftp/scp/cp commands if you are on Unix.

If it is windows, you can copy using ftp/sftp/shared folder.

BR,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you worried about moving the files at OS level. Aren't these systems in the same landscape? If they are, then obviously they should be having the common transport directory. Just go to the target system and do the steps in STMS to add the request.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Files located at /usr/sap/trans/data (starts with R) are in binary format. You can simply copy them using ftp command with mget or mput options from Prod to target QAS system data directory.

Where as files at /usr/sap/trans/cofiles (starts with K) are in ASCII format. These ones also can be done using *ftp. command with few extra options like bin,type, ascii and type from ftp> prompt. Finally use mget or mput command to copy files to target system.

Please follow above steps one by one and then you will be able to copy ASCII files to target.

Rgds.