cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is a sender communication channel not required for IDOC and PROXY ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case of IDOCs, metadata will be available in PI for the IDOCs used both at inbound and outbound.

Why is a sender communication channel is not required in case of IDOC and PROXY outbound scenarios (i.e. IDOC to File or PROXY to file ..) when a receiver channel is required for scenarios like file to IDOC or file to PROXY.

Though this might be a regular question, I am not able to find a proper reason.

Please let me know the reason for the above request.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

idoc/proxy(xi)/http these 3 adapters resides on abap stack (that means integration enginne) that reason r/3 can directly send idoc to xi via ale layer using rfc destination creates in sm59 then

idoc after converts in to idoc-xml, receiver side idoc-xml to convert idoc is done by reciver adapter.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assumed answered. This should be searched further.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the inbound side you specify for example login information in the source system, while on the inbound side you specify it in the CC. And you can have for example multiple CCs with multiple access details to the target system and you can change them which one you wanna use

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will create RFC destination in ECC , it will have details about PI system details, when ever you send IDoc, ECC will use Port and RFC destination to connect PI Integratiion engine to deliver data to PI.

But when receiver side you will create RFC destination in PI with ECC details, but to call RFC destination and Port we need medium that was the reason we create IDoc communication channel.

Even the same case for Proxy also, but HTTP deastination establish the conection between ECC and PI, but receiver side you have to create XI channel with PI integratioin engine adress to post data.

Regards,

Raj