0 Kudos

Hi Exeprts,

Below is my data type structure

DT_Master 
     <MasterData>1..unbounded
           <MaterailNo>0.1
            <Organization>0.1
              <Salesofice>0.1

u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u2026u202660 fields I have in receiver data type,I want to convert this file in to text file with separator &&,but sometimes 60 elements will not have data from source , even in this case I want separator.

But what is happening in my case is if I receive data for only 20 fields IN TARGET ,in text file it is giving only 20 fields, empty tags with separator not coming for other fields.

Record structure : MasterData

MasterData.fieldSeparator &&

MasterData.endSeparator nl

any pointers apprecited.

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jam,

What fellow SDN'ers said is correct. By using the MapwithDefault functon, you can resolve the issue.

In the maywithdefault function, in the properties define the value u want to get when the field value is empty.

So, you get the required output.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai!

yes i agree with "mapWithDefault".

For all the sixty fields you want to use this mapWithDefault Node funtion in your mapping. Since your are not know that which field will come with empty value.

For Example:

If a source node Field1 is mapped with a Field1 in Target MT,you should follow the below mapping

Field1--

>mapWithDefault--

>Field1.

If the source field conatins any value it will consider in FCC or it considered a empty value in FCC.

Hope,this will help u.

regard's

Preethi.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, mapwithdefault will resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use "MapWithDefault" function in message mapping.

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use mapwithdefault to the receiver elements if there is no data coming from the source elements.

Thanks,

Soumya.