cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Control M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

This Is satya! I work for Hyundai. I am into Cisco networks( network Admin).Now i have been moving to control M.

So i just want to know

1.what is Control M?

2. What ll be the day2day activities?

3.Is there any releation b/w networking and Control M?

4. How about Market for control M?(job's)

5. How can i grow in this profile?

Please suggest me. Your suggestions are much help full to me.

Regards,

Satya.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi Satya,

Not sure if you found your answers at the BMC Community but here is something that might help you in relation to Control-M and SAP:

1.what is Control M? Control-m as you probably now know already is a 'job' scheduling tool that triggers, usually, the start of an activity which forms part of a workflow/process of activities you want to carry out in a certain order or with certain conditions being available.

That said, a job can mean, in relation to SAP, R/3 jobs or BW Process Chains or Info Packages to name the few that I have experience with. This is however not limited to these alone and outside SAP, there is a world of (s)FTP, Command (sh), DB tasks that you can also execute as part of your processing/workflow.

The major thing for me is that when someone needs to use Control-m as a solution there has to be at least one step that you need to do based on a schedule or event and for the sake of power (thus taking advantage of the tool), additional systems that may interface with the data. Quick example:

SAP R/3 job --> SAP BW Process Chain --> SAP BO

2. What ll be the day2day activities?

In terms of administration of the SAP Control-M connection - there should be non but business as usual for the 'jobs' you have built. Everything will be handled in the application. Making sure that logs are backed up and the Control-m agent is responding to events.

3.Is there any releation b/w networking and Control M?

Yes, of course. That is the only way you can get Control-M and SAP to talk - networking. Here specifically SAP's RFC. One also has to make sure there is a valid user that can execute the Meta API calls remotely on a Process Chain or other R/3 job.

4. How about Market for control M?(job's)

That's simple: There is a market. Although very closed, new entrants are welcome

5. How can i grow in this profile?

Well that would mean you should get a job, starting small with network administration and infrastructure and or control-m workflow creations. Assuming your company has the software installed in the company and is using it.

Enjoy Satya and good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

As I know control M is a 3rd party tools..

which we use for sap job scheduling,.. form this sw we can Run many jobs .

with diffrent diffrent sap system.

I hope it will help you..

Thanks

Mithun

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you ask that in a BMC forum or visit a BMC class. This is a 3rd party product.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.....will do the same...

Regards,

Satya.M