cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade tracks from NetWeaver 7.0 to 7.3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm trying to create a Web dynpro 7.3 track from a 7.0 track. It's for a sandbox install of 7.3 so I don't want to change the current track or SC but I want to include all my developed code for testing purposes.

I've read about track migration here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8061e964-2036-2e10-ee9d-ef21d174f...

and here:

but it's missing some important information. How do I get my current code into the new track? It just says "Import your SCs and required SCs in the new track in NetWeaver 7.3".

My old track is called Extern and contains a SC called ExternSC. The new track is called Portal73 but which SC should it contain?

I can't check in my old SC without adding a dependecy to it.

Should I create a new Extern73SC with dependency to the old one? Then it wants to check in the old 7.0 dependencies as well.

I want to be able to create projects from the old DCs so they can be migrated to 7.3 as well.

The forum thread above suggest changing the dependencies of the current SC to 7.3 components and add that to the new track, but that would break my current 7.0 track, right? I tried to make a new version of the SC with the same name but I still couldn't import the existing code.

Is there a more complete source for track migration?

Please help me if you can

Regards,

Richard Linnander

Edited by: Richard Linnander on Jun 30, 2011 10:39 AM

Edited by: Richard Linnander on Jun 30, 2011 10:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just create a new version of the same SC.

put the newly created SC to the new track.

forward the SCA(contains source code) from the old track to the new track.

NW7 AND NW7.3 has huge difference regarding the java part. don't know if the forwarding will work or not

you have to migrate your code if all your projects are available in NW7.3 track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer!

Just to make sure I do this correctly.

I have a product called ExternProd (1.0), and an existing SC called ExternSC (1.0) that belongs to the product.

Do I need to create a new product version as well?

Otherwise I do this:

In Software catalog in SLD on the NWDI i click "new software component version"

In the dialog box I select ExternProd 1.0, unit Extern 1.0, enter vendor, name ExternSC and version 2.0 and click create.

I define dependencies to SAP SCs but NOT to ExternSC 1.0.

Now if i go to the product I see two software units for ExternProd 1.0.

I add ExternSC 2.0 to my track and then I should be able to forward the old SC and import it in development, or should it be exported and checked in?

Is this what you meant?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you need new product version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Now I have created a new product version along with a new SC version.

I have exported the old SC and put it in the CMS inbox.

The problem is that I don't see the old SC in the check in tab. Therefore I can't import it to the dev system or see my old DCs in developer studio.

The old SC is called Extern and the new EXTERN in uppercase, could this be the reason it doesn't show up?

If I add the old SC as a required component I can import the SC but it only shows up in the active workspace in developer studio so I can't migrate the code.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all should be the same except the version.

you can use forward to move code from source track to new track

Edited by: John Wu on Jun 30, 2011 5:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I couldn't create the new SC and product in mixed upper and lower case from the SLD but it worked when I used the configuration wizard in NW 7.3.

Answers (0)