Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Communication Framework and passwords

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have the following system information:

SAP_BASIS 700 0018 SAPKB70018

IS-M 600 0015 SAPK-60015INISM

I am not sure if I am posting this message in the correct forum, since this is my first post.

Please dont kill me if it is incorrectly listed.

My question is regarding the Internet Communication Framework and a user, which my company is using for the ICF-services.

The user is called WEBSERVUSER.

Sometimes ago I changed the user to system user type (user type B) and set SAP_ALL + SAP_NEW profiles on the user and also the S_RFC and S_RFCACL authorizations objects on this user.

I am now aware that SAP recommends that the user should be a service type user, but wasnt aware of that at that time, which explains why I set it as a System user.

This was working fine in regards to that our customers was not having any difficulties logging on the ICF-services and executing through the ICM-services.

Then I changed the following parameters to allow our systems to use password standards:

login/min_password_lng = 6

login/min_password_digits = 1

login/password_expiration_time = 90

login/min_password_lowercase = 1

login/min_password_uppercase = 1

login/password_history_size = 10

login/fails_to_session_end = 5

login/fails_to_user_lock = 10

login/min_password_diff = 3

login/failed_user_auto_unlock = 0

rsau/selection_slots = 10

I also restarted the SAP-system to let the changes take effect.

But then the external users / costumers were asked to changed their passwords.

This caused us to go back and reload the old profile file to go back on the mentioned parameters changes.

I was under the impression that system users would not be asked to renew their passwords, so dont really understand why the external users are prompted to change their passwords.

Could any one of you elaborate why the users were prompted to change their password?

I thank you in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Can you please let us know the Logon procedure used in the service .. Also please let us know the additional options selected for this service : Security requirements, Basic Authentication and Anonymous Logon data (Is it populated ?)..

May be we should get some pointers from these inputs..

Rgds,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Here you are

The Logon Procedure are listed to Standard and below the Check Mark in "Use All Logon Procedures" have been set.

In the sub tab Logon Data, a user has been set and a password is also selected.

Security Requirement has been set to Standard as well as Authentication which is set to Standard SAP User.

Best Regards

Jan

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

When you say "external customer", how do they call services?

regards,

Kinjar

0 Kudos

Hi Kinjar,

The external customers call the services, which are connected through the ICM and ICF-services to Function Modules in SAP.

The Webservice is like a selfservice for our customers from where they order a newspaper or put it on a break.

I hope that this answers your question.

Best Regards Jan