cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing CRM - XIF adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to create and retrieve certain data (service orders,quotations and business partners) into/from CRM via XI.

There are a number of ways to do this: proxies, RFC adapter, idoc adapter, ... .

Another way is to plugin into the existing CRM XIF adapter (was used in previous versions of CRM to communicate to non sap systems via xml). Main advantage of the XIF adapter is - as far as I now - that business content is already available.

Has anyone any experience with interfacing via the XIF adapter? Can you share the posisitive and negative points?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Joris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same question. What's probably the best way the get information in/out of CRM 5.0:

- using XIF adapter

- using XIF adapter and XI

- using proxy and XI

Thanks in advance for answering

Regards,

Erik Hubers

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Main advantage of the XIF adapter is - as far as I now - that business content is already available.

it's the same with IDOCs

you can generate them very easily from bDOCs in CRM

and transfer to the XI

or course you can import into the XI IDOCs

signatures in the same way you do it in R3

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

So you do not see any real advantage in using the XIF adapter for CRM integration?

What is the most common way to connect when the interface is still to be build from zero: proxies?

Kind regards

Joris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joris,

You cannot use this adapter with XI.

I would suggest using ABAP proxies and within these calling the relevant function modules for performing the tasks you wish to execute in CRM.

There are function modules available to execute all the things you have listed.

The XIF is old technology and was developed pre-XI along with the CRM Middleware layer.

Who told you that you could just "plug-in" this adapter ?

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

I thought XIF was the way to connect with CRM via XML/SOAP used before.

Using the XIF interface via XI would mean then that we can connect via SOAP, which is standard supported. From SAP we can download some standard business content (message types ~ standard bdocs).

The colleague who told this to me, already did this with SAP XI2.0 .

Kind regards

Joris