cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote client copy (SCC9) runs a very long time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to do it quickly process?

(eg use imp and exp-oracle tool, as it can be done to understand what the SAP data has been copied and are now in a different location, for Developers)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

370 Gb

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a 4.6 release, parallel process can be used during the client copy operation. You can create a server group on RZ12 transaction. One another point is, the more reorganized database the faster client copy . At this stage, I can recommend you the notes, below;

For the improving client copy performance you can check the notes 489690 or 67205.

Additionally, you can check the note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

At this stage, I can recommend you perform client export (SCC8) and import (SCC7), also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Oracle DBA I (8 years), and clearly understand that the small amount of data copied from one instance to another for 2-5 days is not normal at least!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about your client size?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I have read!

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/тдмс;

solution SAP Test Data Migration Server (TDMS)

is not trivial !! ))

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are looking for a magic wand, but there's no any other standard way to do this. You may take a look for 3rd parties.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have oracle standby database server!

as I said above, the environment for developers, so we should be able to change (modify)

This is unacceptable solution!

but what about the settings 9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are planning to perform this operation frequently, you may evaluate SAP TDMS solution.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun !

I asked the question so that means SAP tool to make a copy quickly!

-Here is the same question, unanswered

I think this is a common problem!

And what will happen when the database will be a few Tb?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the DB is in TB then SAP recommends to use system copy process. Which is quicker and reliable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil is correct. Then, delete the unused clients on it

Former Member
0 Kudos

> how to do it quickly process?

> (eg use imp and exp-oracle tool, as it can be done to understand what the SAP data has been copied and are now in a different location, for Developers)

Hi,

You can export the client, as well but it will take long time too, depended to your client size. Please note that client copy operation should be performed by standard SAP client management tools, such as client export/import or remote copy.

Ask this question to SAP support first. Technically, you can choose many ways to copy a SAP client, but as far as I know that SAP will not support you (such as errors you faced during the client export/import or the problems related by the copy operation), if you use any other 3rd party tool while for the client copy purposes.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Jun 30, 2011 10:57 AM