Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-PI-BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Requirement:

The file is being triggered through MDM Adapter as an xml file and this should be send to the BI system as a file before datastaging.

Could anyone explain me how to proceed to the above stated interface as am not aware of connecting the BI system.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lavanya

Edited by: Lavanya Balanandham on Jun 30, 2011 1:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone help me out in providing the document for MDM-PI(7.1)-BI scenario.

Regards,

Lavanya

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no such a blog.

but you can brose in sdn for BI integration scenarions using PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

There are three or four ways of how you send data to BI. But first check with BI Team on how they want to receive data. Then you can design accordingly. Its easy to push from PI, but to process in BI is also need to be taken in account for your design. If it is from PI only, then you can use any of the options given in above links.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya!

I have handeled the same scenario but My Sender thing is JDBC.

U can Use Receiver Proxy or File Adapter in the Sender side.Better u can use File When if the case is just want to Place the file in BI.

For this U need to have the Connection details of BI server nothing hard in this. U can use Receiver File Adapter to place a file in BI Server.(For placing file u can use the al11 transaction in BI).

Hope this will help u.

Regard's

Preethi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Could you please explain me in detail about the configuration as this is the first time ,am going to connect BI(receiver)

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Lavanya!

Create a File Receiver Channel.

In Parameter Tab

Adapter Type : File

Transport Protocol :File Transfer Protocol(FTP)

Message Protocal :File Content Conversion

Adapter Engine :Central Adapter Engine

In Target tab

Target Directory :Ask the BI team about the details of the director where u want to place the file. Then that directory name should be the input to this field.

File Name Schema :U can give any name. In that the file will create in that directory which u mentioned above.

Server :IP address of the BI syatem.

Port : u want ot give the Port Number.

Data Connection :Active

Connection Scecurity:None

Give Anonymous Login:

User Name :Ask the BI Team to provied u a User name and Password to Place the File the Directory.

Password :

Connect Mode :Your choice for test u can try (Per File transfer)

Tranfer Mode :Binary

In Processing Tab

File Construction Mode:Your choice.For Test u can give(Append)

File Type:Binary.

I Content Conversion Tab

I can suggest only when i know the Target File Structure. So regarding this if u need any help ask me by replying to this message.

Here i have mentioed u all the genearl Things.Configure your Receiver channel like and Test it.If u have any issue. Let me Know.

Regard's

Preethi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to send as an xml file to the BI system.

My query is that,

as of now they are using datastaging server where we would place the file but could anyone suggest me whether to place the file in datastage is feasible or to send data directly to BI is a better solution .

Thanks in advance

Lavanya.B

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

internaly BI system have NFS, so you can send data to NFS directory, from then they can pull data for further processing.

First speack with BI Team and how they are expecting data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The current process is ,PI will place the file in the Datastaging(unix) server as an xml and the BI team wanted to know which method is a feasible method ,

A.Placing in datastaging

B.Direct to BI through Abap proxies

Regards,

Lavanya

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

option B always good approch because option A in volved one more stepd to process daatain BI .

but in Option A directly you will send data to BI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

I had similar data passing to BI system, and have used ABAP Proxy to handle it.

Please check the amount of data passed to BI , becuase its usually in large quantity, based on that you can choose which approach suits you best.

Regards

Newa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These will help you to design the interface

BI integration Using XI

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

How tou2026Push Data into BW from XI

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21dfa992...

How To u2026Push data from BI to XI (including receiver examples)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e698aa90-0201-0010-7982-b498e02af...

Regards

Sesha

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use ABAP proxy in receiver side to send data to BI.