cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SATO Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a question regarding SATO Printer. If any one is using SATO Printer for any kind of Label Printing please help us how can we proceed with this Printer.

Why we are asking because we already given SAP Smartform for Label Printing and created one 'Z' Page format according to that Page format 45, we designed smartform in such a way that it took the created page format and In Printer Settings also we fixed the page formate (45).

Then we created one Spool output device recommendad by SAP. After giving print it is saying 'Print Successfull' but no output from Printer.

Can any one suggest what is "Printing Commands" n how can we Pass through the smartform to SATO Printer. If any one using or knowing please respond us.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hannes_mack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I want to print a label on a SATO CL408e directly from SmartForms.

The printer has the device type YSTCPCL2 with YST1 SATO SBPL driver.

When I print the label I get an error "Error in Spool-C-Call: Error from TemSe".

Is there a problem with the SmartForms label or with the printer in SAP?

Regards Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis People has to taken care regarding this issue. Please contact me if you need some help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Can you please let me know what you/your Basis team has done on this finally to get the printout of Printer, I am also facing the same issue and I tried loading of driver programs and device types but still no luck ..

It would be great if you can respond to this ASAP

Thanks,

RK

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the links below, this printer model uses the same printer language SBPL as the LT08 model.

http://www.satosolutions.com/Images/Users/Downloads/Operator/LM4e%20Operator%20Manual%20A.pdf

SBPL (SATO Basic Programming Language)

http://www.satosolutions.com/Images/CMSImage_98_78.pdf

SBPL (SATO Basic Programming Language)

In this case, it is likely that device type YSTLTGT2 will also work for model LM08 modeil. Can you try this?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

We checked device type you mentioned but that one also not working. Same result in the spool the message is 'Print Successfull' But no output from printer. We checked all the devices you mentioned in the link.

Please give me some solution we are struck in middle. What else we can do if still problem is persist like this.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link:

http://www.satoasiapacific.com/software/sap.aspx

In here there is a description of how to print to SATO label printers from SAP via sapscript and smartforms.

For sapcscript, the procedure is similar to SAP notes #177807 and #368131. Basically the label is designed via third party SATO software and then uploaded into the sapsript form. The device type LB_SAT forwards the already created print data to the printer without making any changes.

For smartforms, SATO have delivered some device types for a real solution where you can use a regular smartform. There is a link in the website above to these device types.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aidan,

I appreciate for you quick response. We already gone through these notes. It would be better if you given some reference to design a label in SATO third Party software and Program code for smartform after designed a label in thirdparty software.

I am worrying about

1) To design a label in third party software. (What we need to consider during design a label in Third-party software provided by SATO)

2) How can i call the designed label in Smartforms or what code need to be done in Driver Program.

Please refer me some links or Example code or sample program where it is implemented.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you use smartforms, there is no need to use the third party software. This was only a workaround method before the real device types developed by SATO were available.

If you a regualr smartform and one of the device types in the link, there is no need for any third party software. Try testing this and check the result.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adian,

We already created regular smartform for that and tried from ourside by creating one output device 'ZLB_SAT ' also. In the spool the message is coming like 'Print is successfull' but no output from Printer.

2.2.8 Special notes for SATO printers

For SATO

Select SC_SAT as the device type. If this device type does not yet exist in your Release,

download the device type ZLB_SAT from the SAP ftp server sapservX and import this (to

do this, see Note 8928).

Now what we need to try, could you please clarify me. Is there anything else we need to consider like fonts, Sizes, etc.

Because i am using Courier Font family to print the Label. And sizes I mentioned earlier for this we created one page format also. We are using one Style also in smart forms.

Regards,

Karthik

Edited by: karthik_volvo on Jun 30, 2011 3:30 PM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Device type LB_SAT or ZLB_SAT are only for the workaround method with the third party software and sapscript. See the link below for the device types to be used with smartforms:

http://www.satoasiapacific.com/sites/asiapacific/Uploads/Files/Products/Software/sapnote_0001135106%...

These device types are available in the links:

SAP Device Driver for SATO Printers

SAP Device Type

in the SATO URL http://www.satoasiapacific.com/software/sap.aspx

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

But here we are using Printer Model: SATO LM408E, there is no device available in the mentioned links or notes. Could you suggest me what we can do in this case.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthik