cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 WF: SC_RR_PURCHASING_GROUP Agent Determination

Jon_Rajewich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Does anyone know which set of criteria is used by the SC_RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER Resp. Resolver Name function to determine the agents list? I am getting mixed results, including non-manager users in different org units appearing in the results list. The descrption of the RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER function looks more like what I need however the notes say its not for Shopping carts.

Is it manger of the org unit that is Responsible for both the Org Unit of the originator, and the Product category? (Responsibilty Tab). Or it is the PRCAT attribute? Or some other combination? I am not seeing a pattern.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the final approver on the shopping cart be the manager of the purchasing group, I am not concerned with the product category selected as the purchasing agents process by department not product category.

Thanks in advance.

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon:

I have a few questions to undertand correctly your workflow for shopping card.

How many leves are you using?

In the first levels, what agents are you using? and how attributes o configuration is in the hr structure?

I am asking this because for me determine the following agents were kind of simple:

RR_MANAGER,

RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER and

RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER,

I just define in tcode ppoma_bbp, basic data, and the flag for Head of own organization unit.

I'm still working in the same than you determine the SC_RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER.

Best Regards,

Jessica

Jon_Rajewich
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have about 8 levels. I haven't fully cofigured all of them yet but the core ones are in place. The RR_MANAGER and RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER agent determination based on org assignments work correctly.

First is Department manager must approve, agent determination via RR_MANAGER (works)

Next is Purchasing Manager if > 5K, agent determination via RR_ROLE (role assignment, works)

Next is Director if > 25K, agent determination via RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER (works)

Next is Budget Manager if its an Asset, agent determination via RR_ROLE (role assignment, not working yet)

Next is Finance Director if > 100K, agent determination via RR_ROLE (role assignment, works)

Next is IT Asset manager if PRCAT is for computer equipment, agent determination via RR_ROLE (role assignment, not configured yet)

Next is Fleet manager if PRCAT is for Vehicle, agent determination via RR_ROLE (role assignment, not configured yet)

Final Approver is the Purchasing Agent, This should be the agent (Head of Org Unit) of the Purchasing Group that the end user department is assigned under, however using SC_RR_PURCHASING_GROUP, I get the expected purchasing agent, the director of the end user department, the manager of the end user department and an end user in a different org unit as posisble agents.

When I set the Resp. Resolver Name for the final step to RR_PURCHASING_GROUP, I get the message 'An Exception has Occured' and the cart is lost. This is the resovler role that is stated as not working for shopping carts.

Thanks

Jon