Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* User in UME (User sap* is active. No other users can log in.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to work with JSPM to get some software installed to my Java stack, but I am getting permission errors. It is telling me that my user does not have sufficient role to perform the task. So, I am trying to log into UME to assign more roles to the user. I get more 'lack of permission' messages when I log in to UME with that user as well. (The user has SAP_ALL profile assigned through the ABAP side)

So, I enabled sap* user to try to use that account to make the changes, but I am stuck at the UME login page. I am getting a 'User SAP* is active. No other users can log in' message.

I have enabled the superadmin user through configtool and have also tried setting login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to both 1 and 0, but I continue to get that message.

I get the message whether I try to log in as SAP* or any other user, it doesn't seem to matter.

1 REPLY 1

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so you have a double stack. In that case you need to log on to ABAP AS using SAP* and unlock or create an admin user. SAP_ALL does not have any impact on Java AS. You need to assign role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to your admin user.

Cheers,

Martin