cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Java stack from CRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we currently have a dual stack CRM 2007 system, we have a small application which uses the CRM Java stack. We also have our SAP EP system NW 7.0 on a very powerful hardware. To provide more system resources to SAP CRM ABAP system, here is what i am planning to do.

- The application we have has dependency on the usage type JCRM components. so i am plannign to install the JCRM usage type on our EP system.

- I will then migrate the application from our CRM system to EP.

- Uninstall the Java stack from our CRM system and keep it ABAP only.

I wanted to post this thread to get more opinions on this kind of setup and will we have any support issues with SAP going forward,

Yogesh

Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has already stopped Dual Stack system from SAP Business Suit 7.

As far as your scenario is concerned then you need to migrate all application manually from CRM Java to your EP system (after EP system has been patched with CRM components) and then test all the things.

One thing you need to make sure that, Patch level of your EP system should be consistent with CRM ABAP system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunny,

thanks a lot for your quick response. i am aware that Dual stack is no longer supported in BS 7 and this is the reason why we are trying to move out of Dual stack before we upgrade. i do not want to set up a seperate Java stack system for this small application that is the reason i want to import it to my EP system.

I have a Java developer lined up to do the migration so i have no issues that way. Also the SP level for our CRM and EP systems are also same.

What my concern was that will SAP support this setup. I know that JCRM is not part of standard Netweaver portal delivery. will they still support my systems if i install JCRM on our NW EP system.

warm regards

Yogesh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so there is any problem in that because you are installing CRM patches on EP and manually importing all the configuration.

Thanks

Sunny

rajesh_gupta11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

It's always better to get rid of dual stack and if possible put all java component on Portal instance to reduce the number of Java instance in your landscape and hence making your landscape simple which in turm save tons of times and complexity in furture maintaince, patching and upgrade. SAP suggest to depending upon the sever bandwith to have the java component on one Java instance.

Coming to your question on JCRM, CRM Java Components you can very well have the same on your Enterprise Portal.

Check SAP note 887347 and 891151 for reference.

Regards

Rajesh Gupta