cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have setup service desk and want all the users to work on workcenters,created two test users

1.processor

2.enduser

Scenario: when a new msg is crated, the message is processed by processor and when he needs additinal info, he set sthe status in customer action, which triggers a mail to reported by(enduser)

Now,the end user will update the message and add an attachment, which is possible with std workcenters(SAP_SMWORK_BASIC,SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN)

but enduser should also be able to see the edit button, because he need to set the message back in process and should not not see action buttion in workcenter(want to restrict him from performing actions)

any helpful inputs would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you restricted the user staus by using the auth object B_USERSTAT? End user should nt use the status "In process"???

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

My requirement is end user should have the access to set the message "in process".

my problem is enduser should also be able to see the edit button, because he need to set the message in process using the status buton

But should not not see action buttion in workcenter(want to restrict him from performing actions)

how can we (manage)enable/disable the edit, expert mode...etc buttons and TABS like overview , attachments...etc. in the workcenter so that i can create workcener views for differnt types of users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing..no helpful answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is to set the incident ticket to "In Process" status after an end user reply from the workcenter, consider implementing the solution mentioned in note 1493154 - Incident Management: Change status after key user's reply.

If your requirement is to send the end user to the edit screen, with enhancements, I too am looking for that level of granularity in the standard security - but I don't think its there yet.

Best

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

thansk for your reply,

My solman system is a t 7.0 Ehp1 sps26 and ST 400 is SAPKITL436, hope this note is not valid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I correctly understand your issue, you want to restrict the access to the particular action and you already acheived the status restriction.

In this case, we followed te otherway round in my system, Like change the action definition "Schedule Automatically", this never show the action in tool box.

since the enduser couldnt set the status as "In process", so te action for the inprocess status never triggered for them.

It will trigger when the processor set the status.

I have explored all the way to control this by any authoraization object. But couldnt find any.

I am also eagerly waiting further input abt this.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I correctly understand your issue, you want to restrict the access to the particular action and you already acheived the status restriction.

-

>Yes i want to restrict the actions for enduser in workcenter(not one actio,n want to disable the action button for him , it

shud not appear when he click on edit) and status restriction i achived by creating authorization key

In this case, we followed te otherway round in my system, Like change the action definition "Schedule Automatically", this never show the action in tool box.

-

> i dont want "schedule automatically", becas it will not appear in action tool box for all users(but i need actions to appear for processor user ex: send to SAP shud)

since the enduser couldnt set the status as "In process", so te action for the inprocess status never triggered for them.

-

> did not understand what you mean here

It will trigger when the processor set the status.

-

> did not understand what u meant here

also i have another clarification, how can we manage the edit, expert mode...etc buttons and TABS like overview , attachments...etc. so that i can create workcener views for differnt types of users