cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had crystal 2008 installed on our PC's a couple of days back, the install worked fine and crystal seems to work, however Universe designer now cannot connect to any servers when testing the connection. We get the error:-

CS: DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (The specified procedure could not be found.

)

Anyone got any idea what settings the install has changed to make designer behave in this way?

Cheers

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

you are getting DAC0002 error message right?

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

It seems dll file is missing .

If it is oracle back end

1. Update the dll file in mentioned path, Update where Bo installed in that mechine

2. verify the TNS entry is correct or not

3. last chance uninstall the oracle client and install freshly it will work.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

First step would be to add the following to the end of your PATH string in your environment variables:

;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\

In Control Panel, you'll find it in the advanced settings of the System option.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried amending the variables, unfortunatly this hasn't worked, i'm still getting the cannot connect to server error. I've also tried re-installing client tools, again this hasn't worked. The error number is SBO0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, you may have upgraded Oracle.

Make sure that in the PATH variable, the directory for the newest version of Oracle is listed first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally worked out the reason for this. The crystal reports version is a higher service pack to out client tools. When installing crystal sp3 it has some changes which knock out the client tools connections. By installing the latest version of client tools the connections are fine.