cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Clearing / writing off the LS24 Negative entries

0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am stuck with Negative stock entry appearing in LS24 (due to users performing operations eg. Delivery & Stk transfer 301/311 concurrently /at the same time by multiple users , then user clearing LS24 negtive entries by bin to bin LT01 manually )...

I managed to implement the LL01 ( a mere error monitoring tool , doesnt CLEANSE erroneous entries automatically ) but doesnt serve my purpose ....as i want some kind of a batch job as an alternative solution clearing LS24 negtive entreis (may be by bin to bin LT01 batch ) automatically ,

Is there any other standard solution ?

Would you plz shed lights in that directions ?

Regards

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem I see with any automated way to "cleanse" negatives for a material is - what bin will be the supplier of material to the negative?

In other words, if you have a negative in storage type XXX, and you have stock in several other bins, which of those bins do you want to move inventory from to offset the negative in XXX?

It becomes an issue of inventory integrity at the bin level. You will most certainly throw off your bin level accuracy if you just randomly pull from an existing bin. And if you choose to always pull from 999 with the intention of doing a write off, that will throw off your inventory balances at the IM level, which you also dont want.

The reason this reconciliation is not easily automated is because it probably shouldnt be automated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with John, if the staff is creating negatives by pulling stock from a storage type that allows negative balances then the process is broken, the stock should first be moved into the interim bin and then taken out, that is the flow, sounds like a training or process issue not a system issue