cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity from MII 12.1 to a Machine through PCO 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my requirements is to update a machine which is connected to a Kepware server through PCO 2.1 SP05. The data is available in SAP ME which connected with MII.

I want to know how to move the data available in MII 12.1 to the machine. If you any tutorials or documents, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered the TagQuery CurrentWrite mode? Assuming the tags configured in the KepWare OPC-DA server support writeback, you should be able to provide tagnames and values for an update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for your machine capability.If your machine is able to accept web services/XML then you can give data back to machine directly from ME.

It depends on machine adapters & machine makers(siemens,fuji,...Etc).You can give data back to machine through PCO also.

Thanks,

Ramesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strangely enough, but if you already have ME getting data from the source using MII (and presumably PCo 2.1), you may be better off posting this question on the ME Forum as well.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh and Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Siemens S5 PLC. After receiving the data from ME, the data needs to process in MII and send to the machine through PCO. If I get any tutorials or documents, it is fine to me.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for your information you may be aware of following Links

[SAP Pco 2.1 Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco21/helpdata/en/46/a00344d44852b7e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Below is the document for Pco

[Plant Connectivity (PCo) u2013 Using a Single Agent to Handle Multiple Notifications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108a16e7-1448-2e10-caa3-9b18af7256b8?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this help!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Giving data back to machine is Level 0 Automation.PCO can give data back to machine through XML format.

Check your machine capability.I think siemens is able to communicate with PCO(Take)

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have configured MII 12.1 to read data from OPC server through PCO2.1 and I want to write the Business data /Process data to OPC server using PCO connectivity.

Also I want to know how to configure OPC server as a destination system in PCO 2.1.

Thanks,

Joe