cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Issue from Spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Invoice Form (ADOBE) which generates multiple documents in single output. I have done this by calling the generated FM inside a loop. The users scheduled the Invoice form as a background job and Now it has an output of one spool with 2500 Invoice forms.

I tried to print all the forms together from the spool, but it only prints the first one. Is there any way we can print all the documents in the spool in single shot...

Regards,

Mohammed Shukoor.

Edited by: Mohammed Abdul Shukoor on Jun 30, 2011 4:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also install the software PDF-XChange from the following url

link:

http://www.guthcad.com/pdf-xchange/pdf-xchange.htm

Then you need to set up a 'Print to File' printer in the Windows print

manager of your Frontend PC as follows:

a. 'Settings' -> 'Printer' -> 'Add Printer'

b. On the window that appears, click on 'Next' button.

c. Select 'Local Printer' and click on 'Next'

d. Select the port 'PDF-XChange'

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Execute the progam RSTXPDFT4 through se38 , give the spool no in the specified location and execute them. it wil fullfill your requirement.

Regards,

Akg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can split the spool request by number of pages, for example some times printer will not have the buffer to print all at a time, so we can print 500 (As per your requirement) initially then next 500 pages and so on. In order to do this first find out number of pages in the spool by using the FM RSPO_GET_PAGES_SPOOLJOB, then as per the pages obtained, pass the first page (for Example 1) and last page numbers(for example 500) to the FM RSPO_OUTPUT_SPOOL_REQUEST. Then check the status of the pages means whether printing is completed or not by using the FM EFG_SPOOL_OUTPUT_STATUS_CHECK. If the printing is completed then again pass the first page and last page parametes as ( for example 501) and last page number as (for example 1000). Else in the above function module you have wait time you can reduce the wait time till all the pages are printed.

Thanks,

M Ramana Murthy.