Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Backup

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a situation over here :

Our Dev system backup is not regular. Usually we take it once in every Two month. Today we have scheduled it, but it is taking a huge time , more than 4 hrs. Usually it takes 2 Hrs to backup the system with Offline and selection '-cds'.

Today we have set Offline back up with '-sd' selection. The Archive log is 24GB+.

How could i know whether the backup is running or not form os?

System ram : 4GB

Back Up Media : Tape.

What should i do if i need to stop the backup forcefully because the oracle will be in hung state. Please let me know what steps should I take to get back SAP live?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your oraarch filesystem may be full.

At os level there should be brarchive process for archive backup and brbackup process for backup. The logs can be found under \oracle\<SID>\sapbackup for backup logs and saparch for archive logs.

You can kill the backup process (brbackup).

Once you terminated the backup then make sure there is no .brb.lock under sapbackup folder. Also no tablespace in backup mode. you can check this from SQL query or db02 (tcode)

arya_biswas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Many thanks for the reply. We have to stop the backup forcefully. And after restart we found that the backup was writing properly but it was very slow.

We will again start the task in this weekend. Hopefully all will go fine.

Again many thanks for the guidance when i was in-need.

//Arya

Answers (0)