Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering master data to another SAP system by using ALE - Delete a value

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I hope you can help me with that. I have two SAP systems and I am trasnfering master data from System A to System B. I defined a mapping in the conversion rules already but only for mapping the value in system A to the value in system B. Now I have the field "KOSGR" (Overhead Group) and in system A there is cusmtoizing for that and therfore I can use this field. In system B nothing is customized for that. Therefore this filed should not deliver a value because no value is allowed in system B.

How can I map the value of this vield in system A to no value. I only want to delete this entry when transferring the data.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sigi,

You can ignore the target field mapping for KOSGR.

If the target field KOSGR is 0..1 occurence then in target side it will not create any problem.

If it is having atleast 1 occurence then you can map it with a blank constant.

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

thank you very much for the fast reply. I am not clear waht you mean with that.

I have 5000 materials to transfer form SAP-System A to SAP-System B

In System A there is the value SP in the field KOSGR. When I want to transfer the material I get the error in WE02 in System B that the value SP is not possible for field KOSGR. As there is no value possible in system B I have to delete the value when sending the material

Best reagrds,

Markus

Hi sigi,

You can ignore the target field mapping for KOSGR.

If the target field KOSGR is 0..1 occurence then in target side it will not create any problem.

If it is having atleast 1 occurence then you can map it with a blank constant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the min occurrence of KOSGR field is "0" in Reciever IDoc then no need to map Receiver KOSGR field

If the min occurence of KOSGR field is "1" than map constant blank to KOSGR field.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sigi,

are You doing any mapping in this scnario ? If not then you need to create a one to one mapping for every field except KOSGR.

If the min occurrence of KOSGR in target side field is "0" in Reciever IDoc then no need to map Receiver KOSGR field.Ignore the mapping .

If the min occurence of KOSGR field is "1" than map constant blank or constant "/" to KOSGR field in target IDOC. Dont map this foield from the source.

Regards,

Debashish

Edited by: Debashish on Jun 29, 2011 3:34 PM

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly do you mean with occurence? The filed is in every material filled with the value SP. Therefore I think it is greater 1.

How should I enter blank? For the receiver field "KOSGR" I have chosen "Set constant". I can not leave the field empty therefore I tried ' ' but this is not working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best reagrds,

Markus

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are You doing any mapping in this scnario ? If not then you need to create a one to one mapping for every field except KOSGR.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

You are talking about PI mapping? or any ABAP conversion program?

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about the mapping for ALE IDOcs. You can find that as follows:

Transaction SALE -> Modelling and Implementing Business Processes -> Converting Data Between Sender and Receiver -> Maintain Rules

Best regards,

Markus

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

This forum is related to PI (Process intregration only).

Regards,

Debashish

m_sigl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sorry for that,

do you know where I should post this question?

Best regards,

Markus