cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export namespace excluding External Definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to Export a Namespace from DEV to QAS. I want to avoid the Idoc XSD included under External Definitions. I want to Transport it in such a way that the Namespace name should be same and it should come under the same SWCV in QAS.

Is it possible to select which objects should be included and at the same time maintain the Namespace name also while Transporting. Since I can't create Namespace in QAS, I want to retain name as well

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

while transporting your objects you can selct indivisual objects and you can uncheck the unnecessary objects to be transported.

Namespace will be the same even after transporting to QAS.

Regards,

Naveen..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I do that, will the Namespace appear under the same SWCV under QAS ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it would appear under the same SWCV. Make sure that the SWCV is already existing in QAS when you do this import.

If not, you can export the SWCV also or import it into QAS ESR before importing the transport for the namespace.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Would suggest you to right click obn your namespace >>export>>seect mode of transport >>continue>>select individual objects -->> select the objects which ever you need to transport.

Then you would be able to see your namespace in QAS.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

The SWCV exists in DEV and QAS. SAP APPL is the SWCV and SAP APPL 6.04 is the SWCV Version. I see two options, "With Software Component Version Definition" and "With Namespace Definition". Should I check any of them ?

What should be selected ? I need the Namespace name, so shouldn't I check the " With Namespace Definition" option ?

Regards

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Try exporting your namespace and SWCV only by selecting all your objects.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

I imported as you said and I am not able to see them. The Namespace was not imported at all. I don't see any objects also. I tried this transport many times, but never worked

Regards

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

could you pls let me know which transport r u using?

Something is going wrong in your server....did you face any problems while importing your objects in QAS environment?

Clarify..

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of any conflict when you import the transport into QAS, you would get a conflict tab, where you can select the particular version that you want to keep.

Also, since you require to transport the namespace, keep this option checked. Keep the "With Software Component Version Definition" option unchecked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't know what is wrong. I am using File Transport. Just noticed one thing.

My SWC is SAP APPL and SWCV is SAP APPL 6.04. These are the same in both DEV and QAS.

However the namespace that I tried to import, has name something like this http://xyz.com/. here xyz is the client name. While all other Namespaces in QAS are http://sap.com/.

I don't think that should be a problem..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

Try exporting the objects you want and leave the option "With namespace definition" selected.

It will move to QAS all namespaces created in DEV and then you should be able to see your objects.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe

I did as you said. But same result.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

Change your namespace definition in DEV and export it again.

Since all objects were already moved to QAS you can also export only the namespace definition.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe

Change namespace definition means I have to create the namespace again in DEV and then Import it to QAS ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

Try adding a new namespace and remove it then save (and activate) the namespace definition so that it's not really changed but the definition in DEV is newer than the one in QAS.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Answers (0)