Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction on Message Type in BD87

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to restrict the users to display IDOCs only for an specific Message Type in transaction BD87. The object is S_IDOCMONI and the field EDI_MES used. Though I specify a message type in the field EDI_MES, still user able to display IDOCS which are of other messge types.

Am I doing it correctly?? Is it possible to restrict to display IDOCs using Message Type for BD87??

Please advise.

Thanks,

Karth

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthink,

you are doing it the right way, just make sure that the value you maintain for the field is consistent across all the roles the user has. It doesnt help if the user has a * or a different value for the object from a different role

0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

Am using a test user which is assigned to only one role which provide BD87 access. Below is the role contains,

S_IDOCCTRL

Activity 03 ACTVT

Transaction Code * EDI_TCD

S_IDOCDEFT

Activity 03 ACTVT

Extension * EDI_CIM

Basic type * EDI_DOC

Transaction Code * EDI_TCD

S_IDOCMONI

Activity 03 ACTVT

Direction for IDoc * EDI_DIR

Message Type <test> EDI_MES

Partner number * EDI_PRN

Partner Type * EDI_PRT

Transaction Code WE02, WE07, WE09

0 Kudos

i tested with the same settings , it works pretty well for me. Did you check the object "Proposal" status in SU24?

If the 'proposal" settings are also ok and it still doesnt work, then the best i can suggest is to wait for some one more knowledgeble to answer the query

One Mr.JB might pass-by, you never know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just a thought ..

How far into the IDOC are testing the restriction ? The intial check after BD87 will then only look for access to S_IDOCMONI with WE02 and not check any other fields. This will produce the list of IDOC's for selection. When you actually then select the IDOC you get a secondary check on S_IDOCMONI with all other field values ie Message Type..