cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Namespace in QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I Transported a Namespace from DEV to QAS and it threw errors. Right now, I am trying to create the Namespace in QAS. But the BUTTON_CREATE is greyed out. How do I activate so that I can create this namespace and the design objects in QAS. I am using XI 7.1

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

double-click on SWCV in QAS --> edit mode --> objects are original, modifiable.

but why are you trying to create NS in QAS....better try solving the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

It's alll in a mess. I imported NS and it caused conflict. I optedfor the active version and the imported version vanished from conflicts tab. In fact the conflicts tab itself is there.

Then I impotrted again unchecking definitions, it said import successful. The objects are missing. However I can see each object when I use the Find option in the menu. Unable to sort this error and hence trying to create new NS

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

Try to export again with namespace definitions. Upon import it will create a conflict.

Choose to activate the version you are importing. This should make the missing namespace appear.

As previously said by chichilin, don't create/modify objects in QAS or you will get conflicts and your objects will be inconsistent throughout your landscape.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

As per SAP best pracitces i would strongly suggest not to create design objects/Namespaces in QA environment which leads to version conflicts.

Everything developed in your landscape should be developed in DEV environment and then to be transported DEV>> QAS>> PRD.

>>>But the BUTTON_CREATE is greyed out

Normally at s/w component level this option will be disabled with a check box --->> you will be able to find this option in the bottom if u double click on your software component.

Regards,

Naveen