0 Kudos

how can i calculate the lead time for

finished ,semifinished and raw material

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I got below info from sapsword. Go through below info, it may be use full for you.

For Raw materials:

Scheduling for externally procured materials:

For the externally procured materials, SAP uses the planned delivery time (lead times) and goods receipt times in Material master to schedule the delivery & release dates for the procurement proposals. You can either use forward scheduling or backward scheduling for these materials. SAP uses the basic date scheduling in the case of externally procured materials

For Finished and Semi finished products:

Scheduling for in-house manufactured materials:

For materials which are to be manufactured in house, as assemblies and subassemblies (in-house produced materials), the scheduling is done according to the scheduling method selected in the selection screen of the MRP run.

· If the scheduling method selected is - ___u201CLead time Schedulingu201D__ the scheduling for the planned orders are done through the use of standard timings in the routings/recipes of the material. The Standard values or the standard timings in the routings or recipes are for a base quantity, which means that the scheduling carried out using the lead time method is an accurate method of scheduling and gives the greatest results every time. It not only calculates the operation lead time (operations start and finish times) but also cumulates them to arrive at a total lead time with an order start date and order finish date._

· When you use the u201Clead time schedulingu201D method, the system uses the scheduling methods configured; you can use either forward scheduling or backward scheduling method for the MRP run. As a default scheduling type, the system uses backward scheduling but it also switches automatically to forward scheduling if the determined start date lies in the past. Though if you do not want the system to switch to forward scheduling automatically, you can specify per plant in Customizing for MRP, in the IMG activity Parameters for determining the basic dates that the system is to continue the backward scheduling calculation even if the resulting start date lies in the past.

· Check the Lead time Scheduling example as shown below. Lead time scheduling uses the floats in the schedule margin keys (if any) and the standard values in the operation along with the operationu2019s interoperation times.

Order Lead time scheduling for In-house produced materials =

Opening Period from where the Planning opens as mentioned in Schedule Margin Key

+

u2013 u2018Order Floats before Productionu2019 starts here u2013 Floats mentioned in Schedule Margin Key. If floats = 0 then Operation start date = order start date

+

Operation 0010 Start date u2013 to u2013 Operation 0010 Finish date (calculated through the standard values in operations)

+

Operation 0020 Start date u2013 to u2013 Operation 0020 Finish Date (calculated through the standard values in operations)

+

Operation 0030 Start date u2013 to u2013 Operation 0030 Finish Date (calculated through the standard values in operations)

+

u2013 u2018Order Floats after Productionu2019 ends here u2013 Floats mentioned in Schedule Margin Key. If floats = 0 then Operation Finish date = order start date

· The selection of the Routing/Recipe is made through the u201Ctask list determination strategies included in the configurationu201D or if the selection method for the BOM selection is through u2018production versionsu2019 then the task list included in the version is used.

You can see this info in below link.

http://www.sapsword.com/home/learn-sap-pp/sap-mrp/sap-mrp-functionality/step-8---scheduling-of-procu...

Regards / US

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you sir

I understand very well

thank you verymuch

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I'm creating my MBOM and Routing in PLM System and pushing it to SAP.

Once the data is published in SAP and after MRP run, we often face problem with Lead-time.

Is there a way to calculate Lead-time before sending data to SAP? Is there any simulation software available.

Also, can somebody explain me in brief how this L/T is calculated inside SAP once it receives data from upstream systems (PLM). PLM sends only order specific data or product specific data which includes MBOM and Routings.

Appreciate if someone can throw some light.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally lead time is calculated by the system automatically from the timings maintained in the Routing dor the operations into no. of Qty. You need not to do manual calculation for it.

Regards,

Hiren Ramani

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

yes sir

but user want to generate the report for lead time

how can i do that

where the values picking

they dont maintain inhouse time

and also all material are make to order

thanks

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lead time is calculated by the system as per the times maintained in the routing.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

yes sir

i want to generate the report

so where the values are calculating to generate the report

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the lead time report based upon your work center,material, order and operation/quantity which you used in your routing and subsequent production order through mainly MCPS transaction.

Please check and revert.

Thanks

Hrishi

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you sir

lead time

for particular Finished goods material lead time = mcps report time+????

for semifinished goods lead time = mcos report+???

for raw material lead time= ????

please explain sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I think I am not getting your requirement. What I understood is, your client is using make to order scenario and so they are not creating any requirement in advance for FG. And if they want to do lead time analysis for any requirement, they need to do it manually. For that you want to develop a report. If my understanding is correct, then i think you in report you have to fetch the basic timings from Routing only. In report you need to multiply this timings with the required entered quantity. Normally unless and untill you have the required quantity, you will not get the standard timings for the manufacturing of any material.

This may resolve your Report Requirement.

Regards,

Hiren Ramani

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

There is no lead time for Raw materials. Only Basic dates is there which you maintain in MRP views.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

hello sir

user want to develop the report for lead time for the materials

they are using lead time scheduling and maintain the std timings in routing

for finished and smifinished goods

lead time = opening periodfloats in schedule margin keyoperational floats+Gr processing time(if they maintain in material master)

lead time for purchased goods= Planned delivery time+Gr processing time

i think it is correct

to develop the report how and where the values are picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

To develop the report, you need to tell to ABAP'er the field name and table name.

Ex: To make report for lead time for purchased goods= Planned delivery time+Gr processing time

You need to find planned delivery time field name and GR processing time field name and table name.

Planned delivery time : Field name - PLIFZ and Table name - MARC

To find name, place cursor on particular field and press F1 and select technical information, there you can find field name and table name. Some time you will not get the exact table and field name if the table category is STRUCTURE - meaning is this particular field has been located in many tables. To find exact table pls. check the abapers, they will help you.

Hope this clear your doubt.

Regards / US

former_member222080
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir

Thank yo

i got it