cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestones

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Client Requires the follwoing:

- Requires to plan Milestones on WBS elements. These Milestones are going to contain dates. Actuals must have already start being captured on this WBS, if not a message must notify the user that no actuals have been captured on this date as of yet.

How do I go about setting this up?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the User should be notified?Is it once the system date crosses the milestone planned date?

Or at the end of every month you want to display the list of unaccompolished milestones.

There are milestone function which can trigger workflow events based on the system status and user status.But the requirement which you mention may not have a status rather than checking a condition of dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand, my client wants to put in a Forecast/Basic date in the milestone, if this date is reached without any actuals being captured on this WBS he should be notified. Also These are Capital Projects without Network and activities. Only WBS's.

How would you go about setting this up? regarding the Milestone, actuals and notifications

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

When you enter a date to the Milestone, the system will automatically assign a basic date. There is not such check to make Basic Date mandatory in PS.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Enrique Sosa

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand, my client wants to put in a Forecast/Basic date in the milestone, if this date is reached without any actuals being captured on this WBS he should be notified. Also These are Capital Projects without Network and activities. Only WBS's.

>

> How would you go about setting this up? regarding the Milestone, actuals and notifications

>

> Thanks

Create Z program which should check the basic dates and also the actual dates, and also send a mail to the applicant in the WBSE as you required.. Use applicant filed to maintain the person to whom the mail to be send.

also schedule this Z program in the back ground to run every day.