cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding external ODBC drivers to PI 7.3 - how is it done?

scott_jackson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a project where we have just installed PI 7.3 following it's release out of Ramp Up.

We had installed PI 7.1 initially in a dual stack for testing purposes, one of which was investigating performing ODBC calls from PI into an iSeries server with DB2/400. On the 7.1 system I followed the guide written by Sandeep Sharma (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b4a020-4ae6-2c10-5a95-fed4ad9a4b60?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true) and this worked fine.

Now we have decided to implement PI 7.3 Java stack only, as the landscape that we will rollout with. However when I came to implement the jt400.jar file to allow the ODBC calls for the iSeries in PI 7.3 I discovered that the com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda file that the 7.1 guide recommended to be updated is not available in 7.3

I'm looking for assistance from anyone who has applied additional driver files to a PI 7.3 system, or at least pointers as to the appropriate files to update in this situation.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Jackson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The sda file is contained within the Software Component SAP_XI3RDPARTY, see note #1401570 - PI Upgrade: SAP-XI3RDPARTY SC Version not updated for further details.