cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of MII 12.1 on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installing SAP MII 12.1 and SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 on Linux for the first time on Client system. In our project we will need to use PCo 2.1 as well.

I wanted to know if there is any specific requirement need to be considered before insatllation and will the two work perfectly on Linux. I guess PCo 2.1 needs Windows OS so what other things should be taken care of while using Linux as operating system for MII 12.1.

Also is there any restriction on the database and explorer to be used on Linux for MII 12.1?

And has anyone had any issues on these two systems. Otherwise is there any SAP Note/document available which details this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhuti,

In one of my previous projects, I have come across a requirement where OPC servers were on a diffrent operating system and UDS on windows. I was able to establish the connection succesfully. So I donot think it will be a problem.

Moreover if SAP has released MII for Linux, then they must have thought of cross OS communication.

My opinion is that it should work. May be some experts will be able to throw more light on it.

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhuti,

We are running our central MII instance on Linux server. It is working fine.

Thanks

Anshul

Edited by: Anshul Sahu on Jun 30, 2011 4:08 PM