cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Out Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please guide me what are the activities and steps carried out in any ROLLOUT project.

Thanks in Advance,

Nagnath

SAP QM_PP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagnath,

Well, itu2019s a broader concept and you will get many answers to this. I try to explain as per my understanding.

1. Implementation started with u201CAu201D as company code and u201CA1u201D, u201CA2u201D as 2 plants.

2. Later (after implementation) in due course of time as your business grows, you need to incorporate one more plant or company for the same client.

3. This is called as roll out.

Depending upon at what extent your org structure is varying, customization settings may also vary module to module.

Particularly about QM I would do following activities for a QM roll out

1. Extension of required materials to newly created plant. (MM50)

2. Assigning inspection types to required materials (QA08)

3. Creation of QM info records (QI06)

4. Creation of MICs (QS21)

5. Creation of inspection plans (QP01). You may use BDC to upload several plans.

6. While creating new plant, if you copy it from already avalaiable plant, selected set (usage decision and attributes) get copied automatically. However you can change it as per your requirement.

And for PP,

1. Extensions for MRP views for new plant

2. Creation of routing and Bill of materials.

In short a roll out project means extension / creation of masters with respect to new plant. Although it is expected that you need not do any customization for a roll out project, you can still carry out as per requirement.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sir,

Can you please do needful setting to Follow you on SDN network

Thank you

Nagnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagnath,

In Rollout project, there will be nothing much from BBP & Realization phase, since you need to explain existing scenarios of reference Plant/Company code in BBP & copy the same configuration into into Plant/Company code.

After configuration is done, Data migration is done (completely or partially) & you need to test all the scenarios in Development & testing servers. Later cutover activities will follow in Production.

Rgds,

Keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nb,

Rollout projects means we need to create a copy of 1 company to another company....all the configs and processes would be same as the company you are copying from....

Regards,

Pawan Shetty