cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make DIR # = File # in SAP PLM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Here is one scenario. I have a ProE file say ABC.prt. When I try to Check in through CAD VIEW, It wil generate DIR number as per the Doc Type. Is it possible to generate the DIR# equal to PROE File name, I mean DIR# ABC ?

I tried entering parameter DOCUMENTNUMBER and some name say ABC123 in the parameter of Proe file, modified the below in CDESK Configurations in Document Data ( for attribute data, Determination type and Determination paramaters) for particular CAD System but still am not able to acheive the same.

DESCRIPTION----

File name with Extn.

DOCUMENTNUMBER----

File name without Extn

WSAPPLICATION--

Constant--

DES

Is this require a Zprogram to be developed or it can be possible in CDESK Settings only ?

I appriciate if someone can make me understand how actually I can achive DIR# = File #.

Rgds

SM

Edited by: Sudharshan M on Jun 29, 2011 6:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to solve the above problem with the settingsmentioned in previous thread. Earlier, It was internal number range for that document type hence was generating internal numbers. Once I have selected external number range and given range as AAA-ZZZ , it fetched up the file name ABC from part to assign it to DIR.

Rgds

SM