cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Barcode printing using Script on laser printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am printing 2d barcode using script on a laser printer.

The problem is that in print priview of i see the the code of 2d barcode and not the barcode pic .

Please guide me through this as i have never worked on this before .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that you create a barcode of type PDF417 with new barcode technology via transaction as described in SAP note #645158. Then if you use this barocde in a smartform, it should work fine to print from SAP.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ,

Thanks for reply .

Yes i tried using the smartform and it works as per the requirement .

But i also want it in script .. Can you elaborate more on printer setting for barcode so that i can recheck the same with the basis people.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Solved my self

thanks for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please explain how you have solved this problem. Steps will be greatful to exaplain.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you implement SAP note #1558595, you can use the New Barcode Technology with sapscript.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan Black,

Thanks for your information.

Actually i followed the SAP note 197177 and included the coding like below.

/: DEFINE &XDIM& = 2

/: DEFINE &YDIM& = 3

/: DEFINE &MODHEIGHT& = 3

• <FS><32>

/: PRINT-CONTROL SESCP

= (s1p&XDIM&,&YDIM&,&MODHEIGHT&,0s24850T

= &lw_percelno&

/: PRINT-CONTROL SBS01

In print preview it is displaying the data like below.

(s1p2,3,3,0s24850T83788900105

But when i am taking print out it is showing only &lw_percelno&(83788900105) value without 2D barcode. Please let me know is there any corrections in above code and is there printer settings to recognize the print command.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The method in note 197177 assumes that the printer itself contains the 2D barcode font internally. The comand built as you described must be the correct one to tell the printer to switch internally to the 2D barcode font.

With the new barcode technolgy, the printer does not need to contain the barcode font internally.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adian Black,

Thanks for your information. We implemented SAP note #1558595 in system. Still i am not getting print preview. Can i know that after implementing of this note still SAP Script doesn't show 2D barcode in print preview or not???

Actually i created system barcode and assigned in Character Format in Scirpt. Assigned the same to 2D barcode variable.

Pls let me know is there any other steps to display 2D Barcode.

Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at the following SP note:

1557674 - Overview of bar code printing from SAP

Which method do you use to print barcodes from SAP. You need to use one of these methods like new barcode technology or windows with a barcode dll to allow you to print barcodes from SAP.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ,

thanks for the reply ... Can u elaborate more on method ..

Currently i getting the barcode generated from external device other than SAP and then the code is is copied and provided in the script .

If possible can you provide me any test code to check ..

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can print the standard text SAPSCRIPT-BARCODETEST which should be available in client 000 in your system to test the barcode printing. This will test the barcode printing capability from SAP.

Regards,

Aidan

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Did you confirm to basis that 2d barcode is configured in you system.

If it is configured, then you can create a character format and use it in you script.

Thanks & Regards,

Vallamuthu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vallamuthu ,

Thanks for the reply . Yes i confirmed with basis people and it is configured on my system.

The problem is that when i check the same script on Zebra printer i can see the image of 2d barcode on taking printout .

But on laser i see only the code for barcode .

Is it possible to see 2d barcode on laser using script ?