cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory API - WSDL client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a simple program to edit and activate some channels in ID. The environment is PI 7.11 SP 6.

I tried to import the WSDL directly from WSNavigator and tried to create a Java proxy client. The wizard would not complete and it throwed me an error saying

IWAB0399E Error in generating Java from WSDL: WSDLException (at /definitions/import/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:import/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:portType/PolicyReference): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered unexpected element 'PolicyReference'.:

I then tried to export the service interface WSDL and then tried to create the Client Java proxy components. This time the wizard completed but the packages imported are reporting eror mainly in LONG_Description.java (com.sap.xi.BASIS.Global package).Also the imported WSDL which was fine until I tried to generate the client now started complaining with error

Element type "xsd:element" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>"

The error points to this particular tag

<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="ErrorMessage" type="p3:Text"/>

Any pointers to over come this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The runtime by default was Axis change this to SAP during the proxy generation to get rid of this error.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The declaration <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="ErrorMessage" type="p3:Text"/> looks okay, have you tried replacing unbounded with a number say 9999?

Let us know if this works.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunatley it does not resolve the issue.

I dont think the issue is with the WSDL. I validated the WSDL created in XMLSPY and even tested it with SOAP UI. The WSDL is perfectly fine. I forgot to mention I am using NWDS version 7.1. Is PI 7.11 Dir API compatible with NWDS 7.1 or should I need 7.2?

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

One step forward. When I create the client proxy, the packages created are

com.sap.xi.BASIS and com.sap.xi.BASIS.Global

The packages

types.api.server.ib.aii.sap.com and types.api.server.ibdir.aii.sap.com are not getting created.

Is this correct? This is not in accordance with the blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11653. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks

Jai