cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Batch Determination via APO Fixed Pegging

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer, for many reasons, is using Fixed pegging in APO. For SO Deliveries and production orders they want to use batch determination for the componets. BUT they want the batch determination to first read the fix pegging relationships in APO and bring those into the delivery or the production order. AND, if the selected batch is changed by a user to re-set the fix pegging in APO.

Has anyone seen or done this before? And if so, can you advise of a starting point or a BADI or BAPI (s).

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going forward with a standard APO exit routing that exist in batch determination to obtain those batchs that are fixed pegged to the requirement. We understand that this function might be standard in the IS Mill solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stanscott. Much appreciate.

Regards

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, but I already had the setting in GATP configuration set to observe both dynamic and fixed pegging relationships.

I sent the message to SAP who so far as responded that they have sent the issue to the next level. But that was over a week ago and the message is already at HIGH.

Regards,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Care to share if this is not IP violation. I am only keen to know the SAP's design intent of linking pegging concept to ATP concept...the motivating factors and what it means in various planning strategies. I looked for some consulting notes in the meanwhile..none came come close to addressing my curiosity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanscott,

Not sure if this helps.. primarily pegging relations in APO do not flow to ECC per design. Its also controlled based on what the planning segment is and hence interpreation may differ even if the pegging relationships were to flow to ECC

There seems to be a provision to do indirectly what you are expecting. This is by using confirmation within ATP check. The field is in check control config , called "consider pegging" and has 4 options- consider fixed pegging is one of them. This may mean that upon batch deteremination post the check and depending on batch search strategy used, you might be able to get the "desired" batch in sales order / production order.. you can see if this works for components too. .SAP help on this says so as fixed pegging by definition flows to all the components too.

Do share test results or whatever you discover. I was planning to test this but couldnt muster energy to set up the test case.

Regards,

Lok