cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add lines to existing contract from accepted bid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

With current functionality in SRM 5.0, it is possible to create a u2018brand newu2019 contract from accepted bid response. Is it possible to add parts to an existing contract from an accepted bid response?

Bid Invitation Number: BIDINV1 (This invitation has 3 bidders)

Scenario:

Bid Invitation BIDINV1 sent to supplier A, supplier B and supplier C. All suppliers sent bid response. Business decided to award all parts on the bid invitation to Supplier A. A contract is already in place for Supplier A. Can we add all accepted lines/parts from the bid to existing contract?

Is there any configuration change to achieve this?

Is there a BADI for above-mentioned enhancement?

Thanks

Jaison

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest that you look into transaction "BBP_CTR_MASS" for mass contract update functionality. There might exist possibility for you to update your existing contracts based on the newly awarded bid responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I need to create a separate input file and use the file to update contract through "Contract mass update" utility. I am looking for something from Bid Invitation screen itself (Something similar to "create" contract from accepted Bid screen).

Thanks

Jaison

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a separate input file and use the file to update contract through "Contract mass update" utility

This is not my understanding of Contract Mass Update. Take a look at the help documentation from SAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/f93dfd975f3ee6e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

As a purchaser/buyer, you should be able to launch "Contract Mass Update" from an awarded Bid Response screen. The feature is a guided procedure where you'd be led through a series of steps to complete the update of existing contract(s) which were created with the matching bidder/vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Once again thanks for your suggestion.

I don't see 'Mass update' button on the accepted bid screen. I checked for UI control BADI and any screen variant configurations. There is nothing to hide buttons from BID. Do we need any SPRO change to bring it in? I will keep looking in this direction.

Thanks

Jaison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I explored the "Carry Out Mass Changes to Contracts" option from strategic purchaser menu. I was not able to find an option to add a new line item to contract. Still not able to find a link from accepted bid to contract update.

Thanks

Jaison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm... Maybe in SRM5, the Mass Update transaction can not be launched from Bid Response, but a separate transaction.... I checked in SRM7 and it is available from an accepted bid. But check Step 3 of the guided procedure, which states "Select Contract to Append". This step leads me to believe that you can actually append items to an existing contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

It looks like Contract Mass Change option is very limited in SRM 5.0. There is no option for append contract in guided process.

Following steps are there:

1. Select contract through a search screen

2. Define mass change - Like increase price on all items, change inco terms etc.

3. Simulate changes

4. Apply changes

Regards

Jaison

Answers (0)