SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration SAP Media (MSD) with MM in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Today in my company we are in SAP R3 4.7 and we have a problem that the module MSD don't have conection with modulo MM, for example, today we can't control the material in MSD.

We will planning upgrade for ECC 6.0 and I want know if the problem will be resolved? Can I integrate MSD whit MM in ECC 6.0?

Thanks.

Marcela

• SAP Managed Tags:
2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcella,

If you are referring to MSD Periodical Sales, as far as I am aware there is only an integration with MSD if you generate SD orders.

See this scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_media472/helpdata/en/9e/3da63acd1e1a49e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Otherwise from 4.72 Media, if you do subscriptions there is Media Series Sales which is welll integrated with standard ERP processes, and is aimed at premium content publications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_media472/helpdata/en/b5/ab12403dbedd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Henry

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcela,

In 4.7 and ECC 6 you can integrate MM with MSD. You can create Media specific materials in MSD and use it for sales order processes. Media Family material type MD01, Media Product - material type MD02 and Media Issue - type MD03. You can create media Family as the higher level component and media product in the next level and media issue as the lowest level in product synchronization. In the media issue or in media product you can add the required views for integration, thru IMG activity.

The transaction codes are:

JP21 - Media Family Creation

JP22 - Change

JP23 - Display

JP24 - Media product creation

JP25 - Change

JP26 - Display

JP27 - Media Issue creation

JP28 - Change

JP29 - Display.

By using JP27 you can create a template issue and generate media issues in mass by using the transaction JPMG0. It will generate the issues based on the frequency and calendar maintained in the media family.

Regards,

Suresh

• SAP Managed Tags: