cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet Ent on NetWeaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Recently installed a clean NW 7.3 environment and trying to install Duet Ent. on it.

First of all, I'm trying to cover prerequisites. I know that IW_FND, IW_TNG and IW_CNT are required.

I tried to install them using SAINT. Using Load button I uploaded packages successfully. However, when I go back to SAINT and click Start, I see the message 'No Installation Packages are available'.

What am I missing here? Can I install those components on 7.3 system?

How can I install those there components?

Also, in sap marketplace > software download center > installation and upgrades, i can't find duet or duet enterprise links.

Is there any other place I can get those files?

Thanks,

Zieglers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zieglers,

as of now Duet Enterprise is not supported on NetWeaver 7.3. The packages required by Duet Enterprise (IW_FND, IW_CNT, IW_TNG and WEBCUIF) are all created only for 7.02 -- that is why they do not show up in your input queue as installable add-on packages although you have loaded them to your SAP system.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Holger,

Thanks for the clarification. In this case if I want to start with a clean installation by downloading latest NW 7 EHP2 from SMP, will I need to do extra upgrades or will that downloaded package be sufficient?

Basically, I'm trying to get my essentials together here to start installing Duet Ent. What would you suggest?

Where can I download those SCL components and WEBCUIF component? I can't see Duet Ent link in my SMP.

I'm trying to avoid any sort of upgrades after a clean system installation.

What is the basic roadmap to get a clean environment to work with Duet Ent? I need to setup this system for PoC purposes initially, that's why i'm trying to go with a clean installation.

Thanks,

Zieglers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

downloading NetWeaver 7.02 will not be enough. You also have to update to at least Service Pack 06.

Then you have to download the following components.

WEBCUIF 701 0002

IW_CNT 100 0002

IW_FND 100 0002

IW_TNG 100 0002

All of these components can be found here: http://www.service.sap.com/swdc -> Installations and Upgrades -> A - Z Index -> D -> DUET ENTERPRISE -> DUET ENTERPRISE 1.0 -> Installation; Latest Service Pack SP02: http://www.service.sap.com/patches -> A - Z Index -> D -> DUET ENTERPRISE -> DUET ENTERPRISE 1.0 -> Comprised Software Component Versions -> SAP IW FND 100 & SAP IW CNT 100 & SAP IW TNG 100 , ...

(see also /people/holger.bruchelt/blog/2011/01/31/installing-duet-enterprise-the-sap-side--a-video-guide).

After that you have a clean system you can work with.

If you do not see these components, then you do not yet have permissions to download Duet Enterprise. Ask your account for a demo license for Duet Enterprise (Material code u201370101590)

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

is there any update on this Topic? Is Duet Enterprise supported by newer NetWeaver Version than 7.02? e.g. 7.11 or latest 7.3?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Sven