cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge number of V2 updates // report RSM13005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's around 3000++ V2 update records found in one of the production system.

Is this normal?? What triggers such an alarming no of V2 update records? Any way to check this?

Also could it be related to the report RSM13005 which is not scheduled to run in the system?

Please advice. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> There's around 3000++ V2 update records found in one of the production system.

>

> Is this normal?? What triggers such an alarming no of V2 update records? Any way to check this?

>

>

>

> Also could it be related to the report RSM13005 which is not scheduled to run in the system?

>

> Please advice. Thanks

Hi Castro,

It is able to see what transaction and function module name is created V1 and V2 updates, by using SM13 transaction

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Jun 28, 2011 5:27 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your contribution. I have obtained answer from SAP that it was due to the report mentioned like what have been expected

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks, I understand that in order to make the "coll run" type module running, we need to execute certain report.

However, my main concern now is what triggers such an alarming number of v-2 updates? just wondering if the massive number of lock entries could be the root cause of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can have a look on what appears on my screen =(

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/updateeo.png/]

There's no "Report" label as you mentioned. Also, when I clicked into each module, the report name is not displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Maybe you can have a look on what appears on my screen =(

>

> [http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/updateeo.png/]

>

>

> There's no "Report" label as you mentioned. Also, when I clicked into each module, the report name is not displayed.

What SAP release you are running on? You may not have required authorization, maybe...

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's an older release for this business unit.

Probably I need to first click on "Update Header", then I would be able to check which report trigger the update

page35 in this link

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCSTUP/BCCSTUP_PT.pdf

I'll check it again tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for all the help

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> It's an older release for this business unit.

>

Hi,

if "older" refers to 4.6 it may be, that these are in fact V3 (german "Sammellauf", sorry for lack of english term).

These need to be triggered to be processed by special application programs, depending on the program tat created those.

In newer releses these are tagged "V3" or "Sammellauf" (collect-run ?) records in SM13.

So if you are newer than 4.6 and really have V2 records, try to add UP2 work-processes.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks.

Sorry but what I can see is a list of modules for each entries, I dont see the main program it relates to.

Do you mean checking on these modules?

Edited by: e.castro on Jun 28, 2011 4:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks.

>

> Sorry but what I can see is a list of modules for each entries, I dont see the main program it relates to.

>

> Do you mean checking on these modules?

>

> Edited by: e.castro on Jun 28, 2011 4:53 PM

It is at the top of the list ("Report:") ...

Double click on a update item. Then, you will find the modules list. At the top of the list, next to the "Report" label, you will find the

program name.

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Jun 28, 2011 6:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I went into SM13, and I can see a lot ofV2 update records, and it seems like every few seconds, there's a few V2 update entries.

In 9 hours, there's like 3500 V2 update entries?

Edited by: e.castro on Jun 28, 2011 4:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Castro,

Yes, it is too much, but I have no idea what process is running behind of it. At this stage, I can help you to find what V2 updates have been created by which program. SO, you are able to see them in SM13 transaction.

So, you need to identify and analyse why these V2 updates have been forked, by an ABAP developer.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik