Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work ceter for quality

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

i want to create a work ceter for quality to capture quality cost -parameter i given is

usage is 002

standard value key is SAP1

control key is QM04

no formulas in capacity tab,scheduling tab,costing tab

in costing area pls confirm that wether we need to give formula????

cost center name was given

now in quality plan i assign this work center now my question is that

wether we need to give any value in set time and machine time and labour time?

what is the concept of giving value here as we are giving our time while confirming the activiting at the time of RR

PLS GIVE CLEAR ANSWER

FAISAL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Simple thing is that if you want the system to capture the cost for machine, labour etc while doing quality check.....then only you enter the time....

Regards,

Pawan

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

i still confused with logic

if we give all details of timing for set up ,machining and labour in quality plan then what is the logic behind confirming the activities at the time of result recording

pls help to understand the logic

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normelly there are 2 costs - Planned Cost & Actual Cost. The cost calculated based on the time entered in the task list is planned cost & the cost calculated based on time confirmed while result recording is Actual Cost.

Now, the planned cost is calculated only for task lists of Routing & not for Inspection Plan. Hence, for inspection lot, the actual cost is calculated only on the basis of time confirmed at the time of result recording or usage decision.

Hence, you will have to enter confirmation for timing while posting results / usuage decision.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear Prashant Kolhatkar

from your answer

"Now, the planned cost is calculated only for task lists of Routing & not for Inspection Plan."

so no need to give any time in task list for inspection plan

pls confirm

faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will make it clear.

Task lists are used for - In House Production (Task List type N of Routing) / Quality Inspection (Task List type Q of Inspection Plan).

In the case of In House Production, the planned cost as well as actual cost is calculated.

Where as in case of Quality Inspection planned cost is not calculated. But only actual cost is calculated based on the time confirmed while doing result recording or usage decision. But for information purpose, you will have to maintain the planned time in the Inspection Plan operation.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to capture quality cost (Appraisal Cost) you will have to assign the activity type & formula (for the activity you will be doing in the inspection) in the work center. When you use the work center in the inspection plan, will have to give control key QM04 (Confirmation Required) & planned time required for inspection operation.

Also, you will have to create quality order of order type QL01 & assign the same to material master inspection type.

After this, you will be able to capture the cost of inspection when the inspection is completed. This confirmation can be done either while result recording or while taking usage decision for the inspection lot.

Please note that, the inspection cost can be captured only if you are inspecting material with inspection plan.

Regards,

Prashant Kolhatkar